Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Sound jitters linked with low performance

Hey guys

This issue existed pre SU5 and I was kind of hoping it would improve post SU5.  The issue being on final approach my PC does sometimes struggle with the frames depending on location and aircraft in use and I find the sound kind of jitters or intermittently cuts out, ever so slightly.  It’s kind of annoying and wondered if it’s simply my PC struggling or if this affects others.

I have a very modest rig i7 4790k 4.0Ghz, 1070 and 16GB.  I run my settings at mainly medium with clouds on high at 1920x1080.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

Usually when I get sound jitters a ctd always follows 

Your computer probably balance on the border of CTD, have you checked what performance you have in developers mode when the jitters appears? you probably need to give your computer a little more breathing space.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yea it is linked to pending CTD thats for sure.  To be honest my performance in terms of CPU Usage, GPU Usage, Mem usage is good when this happens.  Issue being the FPS which starts to struggle and that's when the jitter sounds appear.  My performance from Gate to short final is usually rock solid, this usually happens on final and in something heavy like the CRJ or A320 in heavy urban areas.  I think its simply my PC struggling but I'm not pushing the sliders either so hey ho.  I'm defo in need of an upgrade.

Thomas Derbyshire

42 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Yea it is linked to pending CTD thats for sure.  To be honest my performance in terms of CPU Usage, GPU Usage, Mem usage is good when this happens.  Issue being the FPS which starts to struggle and that's when the jitter sounds appear.  My performance from Gate to short final is usually rock solid, this usually happens on final and in something heavy like the CRJ or A320 in heavy urban areas.  I think its simply my PC struggling but I'm not pushing the sliders either so hey ho.  I'm defo in need of an upgrade.

try clouds on medium, they have a big hit on performance.

• Like 1