Sign in to follow this  
Rdtcmttsa

Community folder

Hello folks i have two questions.

Where exactly do you put add ons in MSFS, I have to locations, one location is Steam library/ community.

And the other one is user/name/App data/ roaming/MSFS/packages/Community.

The reason I ask is that the steam one I added a file called Mod tbm-930 improvement and all i get is a plane with no cockpit.

But when I go to the user // community the file is not even there. Are they not the same community folder and if not which one is correct.

I have been using the steam library one and all seem to work , now all of a sudden it does not.

Has there been a upgrade in MSFS that may have caused the problem.

All im trying to do is add the Mod tbm-930 improvement and nothing seems to work in neither community folder.

If im in the wrong area my apoligies.

Thanks .....RobertC

I use the Community Folder in the Steam library. I have installed MSFS in "E:\MSFS" . My usable community folder is "E:\MSFS\community.  It's been that way since Day 1.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have made my own Add-on library outside the sim and use the freeware program Add-OnLinker to link my add-ons to the Community folder, works like a charm, you should try it.

Btw, user/name/App data/ roaming/MSFS/packages/Community is the correct path.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |