Sign in to follow this  
Andy675

Given Up

Yesterday after four attempts to load the Dev version FBW A320 and four CDTs I did get to complete a whole flight which went very well. I was impressed by the smoothness, no stutters at all. Today after seven attempts to load the aircraft and seven CDT's I decided to revert back to the stock A320. All went well until I reached 23000ft then my climb rate fell to virtually nil.

I am happy that some are having a great time but I have had enough. Incidentally I have no liveries, no add-ons except the FBW A320 in the community folder which I removed before attempting the stock A320. I do not overclock (I don't know how to). So to those that are having a good time, happy flying. I may be back some time in the future.

Edited by Andy675
  • Like 2

I feel your pain. It’s very inconsistent. It’s a case of remaining patient for a fix/patch, especially with the FBW320. 

I’ve recently invested in additional hardware and a navigraph subscription but at the moment I’ve paid for something I’m not utilising (I’m a strictly airline guy, not VFR). 

Andy try this it worked for me. Also make sure you remove the fdr files in the work folder. Leave the rest.

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/installation/#clean-install-steps

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Yeah, I feel you. I'm about to throw in the towel myself, this is just an unnecessary source of frustration. Think I'll take up knitting or something instead. 😉

• Like 5

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Right before SU5 was issued, I was telling some people at work. " The sim runs great now, but I think it is a 50/50 chance it won't be after this next patch. Looks like we got the losing 50%. 

• Like 10

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The only thing that's bothering me with it at the moment is the winds/temperatures aloft bug. Made the last flight I just did pretty eventful with the temperature wildly fluctuating..

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

12 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yeah, I feel you. I'm about to throw in the towel myself, this is just an unnecessary source of frustration. Think I'll take up knitting or something instead. 😉

Knitting?  Did I read you right...let me be the first to request a Varsity Sweater with the single black stripe on the left arm, and U.C.L.A  on the right front chest area!  That would be great. Also I request it being a Herring Bone knit.  How much you figure for the sweater?

Joking aside...we are all (well some...) are as frustrated.

I haven't flown for weeks ( I seem to be doing that more and more these days?), so I haven't even installed the update or the hotfix.  Seems after reading posts here even the hotfix is a hit-or-miss.  Think next time I fly I will fire up P3Dv5 and just wait a few more weeks until MSFS straightens out its issues.  Not worth the hassle or the frustration.  😞

• Like 3

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I agree, with what a mess SU5 has been!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

33 minutes ago, gore54 said:

Andy try this it worked for me. Also make sure you remove the fdr files in the work folder. Leave the rest.

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/installation/#clean-install-steps

Don

This did not work for me. The FBW A320 is totally broke. The WT CJ4 works perfectly. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

So you guys are frustrated with addons thats not compatible which might be causing CTD? I've been running the sim vanilla and havent had any ctd in SU5 yet

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

So you guys are frustrated with addons thats not compatible which might be causing CTD? I've been running the sim vanilla and havent had any ctd in SU5 yet

I can tell all of one non compatible with SU5, and that is the great Toronto Canada (GTA) add on, that gives you Toronto, Mississauga, and Oakville.  That will crash you as soon as you take to the air. I deleted that on a hunch, and took the same route east...no CTD.  Not (to date)  SU5 compatible.  You will CTD.

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

That is what many of us have been saying. Strip it down to Vanilla first, then add one at a time. Make sure your CPU/GPU are not overheating, don’t overclock either, unplug all USB devices except absolutely necessary for PC operation (keyboard/mouse), update Windows, update video drivers, then try again with a stock airplane at a stock airport. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

50 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Think I'll take up knitting

it has been a well kept secret, but thousands of pilots do that on long distance flights, like this ex airforce pilot has confessed here, not sure if he was a former PMDG developer:

How to Knit: Easy for Beginners - YouTube

How to Knit: Easy for Beginners

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

17 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I've been running the sim vanilla and havent had any ctd in SU5 yet

I have a clean vanilla also (just plain clean as it can be) but had a few CTD's already.
For now it's also +/- always the same, selecting a departure location, various airports, hit the fly button and then either direct or while loading the flight... Windows desktop.
Doesn't happen much but didn't happen at all pre SU5.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR