Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

GPS NAV Mode

All of a sudden I am having a problem with my NAV mode. Have a flight plan selected and when I go to Auto Pilot mode select NAV1 or GPS Mode the plane does not follow the flight plan. Even though I have NAV1 or GPS selected, it still does not follow it. Plane will not move to the Magenta flight plan. Never had this problem before so it's not as if I'm doing something wrong. at least (I think.) Any ideas what is going on? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

As mentioned above Asobo have added extra invisible waypoints to VFR flights.

The work around is to enter the flight plan on the GPS once the flight has started and not create it on the World Map screen.

28 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

The work around is to enter the flight plan on the GPS once the flight has started and not create it on the World Map screen.

Oh that's great news! NOT! Entering a flight plan in the models without FMC is cumbersome at best.
What other surprises are lurking?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

Are you seeing TIMEVERT or TIMECLIMB fixes added by the sim after SU5?

Not sure. Do they show up as way points in the flpn? 

Walt Popowski

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Oh that's great news! NOT! Entering a flight plan in the models without FMC is cumbersome at best.
What other surprises are lurking?

I agree. I input flpns through Sim brief, Navigraph Charts, or from World Map. Either way plane should follow the inserted flight plan.

Walt Popowski

Not always. But they are added. Check your NavLog with the Hotbar icon, you will see them there. So the only workaround is:

1. Enter your flightplan from zero once in game.

2. Activate your GPS NAV mode only when previous fix is NOT TimeClimb. Once you are in between two fixes from your original FLP GPS NAV will work.

Iñigo Bildarratz

1 minute ago, Aristoteles said:

Not always. But they are added. Check your NavLog with the Hotbar icon, you will see them there. So the only workaround is:

2. Activate your GPS NAV mode only when previous fix is NOT TimeClimb. Once you are in between two fixes from your original FLP GPS NAV will work.

1 minute ago, Aristoteles said:

Not liking this........... Hope MSFS gets this back together like it should be. And thanks, you can fly with me anytime. UPSPILOT handle in MSFS. Thanks again

Walt Popowski

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Good Grief! This is so far from realistic...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Those fixes are just plain horrible. And literally uncalled for. Let’s get this stupidity fixed ASAP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

Are you seeing TIMEVERT or TIMECLIMB fixes added by the sim after SU5?

Yes - I see it on the PFD as the 1st waypoint target.  But, the flight plan in both the PFD and MFD show the actual 1st enroute waypoint I entered in the World flight planner. 

SO - what is TIMEVERT?  My DA62 climbs on takeoff at the FLC speed along the runway heading but does not turn to MY 1st enroute waypoint until ??? some time has elapsed.   

This also happens when I build the flight plan on the FMS in the plane. 

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor