Sign in to follow this  
solito

Cockpit tooltips text too big

I noticed after SU5 that the cockpits tooltips text is exageratedly big, as I dont want to disable them, is there a way to make them smaller  ?

Thanks

• Like 3

+1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

No, I turn them off, this one of the Xbox features that have been forced up on us that I dislike.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Probably optimized for 4K.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

At 4k you can use and read much smaller text easily.

More likely the decision was made in targeting those playing at a distance from the couch.

• Like 2

The only reason I use tooltips is to verify settings.  Now I'm getting no info on switch positions or settings (is it ON or OFF - am I at 94% or 98%?).  And yes, the text/font is now too large.

• Like 4

Randall Rocke

Turn them off, they are useless now anyway. They used to give the readings on heading , altimeter etc, now all they do is name the gauge. I know where the ##@  altimeter is. I guess that is for the X boxers. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I turned them off, but they are still there and so big that they block the instrument you're trying to adjust and just won't go away.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Turn them off, they are useless now anyway. They used to give the readings on heading , altimeter etc, now all they do is name the gauge. I know where the ##@  altimeter is. I guess that is for the X boxers. 

They continue being useful, as you get information at alt pressure, course at VOR and HSI, heading, etc. There should be a way to configure the text size

coming back to this topic, how do i turn those useless tooltips off ? I deactivated everything under assistance but they still show up

Carsten U

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

coming back to this topic, how do i turn those useless tooltips off ? I deactivated everything under assistance but they still show up

Haven't you explored the options? Go and have a root around in there. There's a treasure trove of stuff you can switch off or turn on. I'm guessing you're bilingual so not without more than fair share of intelligence.

Meant kindly.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Haven't you explored the options? Go and have a root around in there. There's a treasure trove of stuff you can switch off or turn on. I'm guessing you're bilingual so not without more than fair share of intelligence.

Meant kindly.

i did ... Everything deactivated but they are still there

Carsten U

On 8/1/2021 at 7:14 PM, Bobsk8 said:

ideally, there should be an option to show either just the reading or the entire label, perhaps even with a configurable delay between the two.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

These are the settings, highlighted in yellow. Restart the simulator after you have set and saved them.

3.jpg