Sign in to follow this  
solito

Cockpit tooltips text too big

One thing that still really bugs me though is that once the tooltip appears it stays stuck in place and doesn't move with your cursor. Very annoying, and blocks other things I am trying to look at. I want the pre-SU5 tooltips back! :_(

On 8/1/2021 at 9:02 PM, solito said:

They continue being useful, as you get information at alt pressure, course at VOR and HSI, heading, etc. There should be a way to configure the text size

I am flying the Seminole now, and when you hover over the altimeter setting all it says is " Altimeter Setting", nothing else. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

12 minutes ago, quantumpion said:

One thing that still really bugs me though is that once the tooltip appears it stays stuck in place and doesn't move with your cursor. Very annoying, and blocks other things I am trying to look at. I want the pre-SU5 tooltips back! :_(

I would love to see almost everything pre SU5 back. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You can change the size of the tooltips, both new and legacy, by changing the overall user interface text size in the general options. Changes the text size and look of all text globally, of course, but not disastrously so. Still in caps, though. Also, fascinatingly, on the BlackBox Simulation's BN-2 Islander, the legacy version of the tooltips does show the variables settings when you hover over the switch or knob, so it is still possible, and therefore very easy for Asobo to turn this back on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

oh dear, did not hat a look there... Thanks you Reader !

See what I mean/

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

There are two sliders for tooltip size in Options General Accessibility (size slider and scale slider) default C170... Here both option sliders set maximum and minimum:

wG91HE8.png

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

37 minutes ago, Fielder said:

There are two sliders for tooltip size in Options General Accessibility (size slider and scale slider) default C170... Here both option sliders set maximum and minimum:

That can help, but unfortunately those sliders effect more than just tooltip size.

Al