Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Bring back volumetric lighting!

2 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The patch notes should have had a list what features got removed to make the sbox not burst in flames when running this game. 

Can’t wait for the next dev QA where the Asobo guys look into the camera telling us „we didn’t do nothing“, „what issues we don’t know any“ like in the past. 

My guess is you will never see the patch notes on SU5. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The patch notes should have had a list what features got removed to make the sbox not burst in flames when running this game. 

Like seriously, with a modern gaming engine, you think it is worth removing volumetric lights to gain 0.000001 fps? 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Telling my unvarnished opinion . For me, SU 5 is a downgrading of the PC version to xbox level, as far as the graphics are concerned. For a year the PC faction was allowed to advertise on the net with fantastic photos and videos that could hardly be distinguished from real flights and now the PC Simmers are being castrated at xBox level. On my PC (i9 10900k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD) the graphics of the Scenery are now close to FSX Landclass level. Totally overexposed, massively reduced textures, totally unnatural oversaturated colors, much poorer water display, often with steps in the water surface, which can cause a rollover when taking off and landing with seaplanes. These steps can also often be seen on land as blue lines. The quality of the reflections in the water has also decreased. All in ultra settings. Asobo announced that they could unlock potential in DX11 with new code and achieve an enormous performance boost. I would have achieved this boost in a much shorter time without code generation, simply by sliding the slider in the graphics settings all the way to the left, and it would have been individually available for each simmer. Yes, you hear a fair amount of anger in my post, but it's more than that; it is pain because of what we have already been able to experience in terms of absolutely fantastic graphics.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Like seriously, with a modern gaming engine, you think it is worth removing volumetric lights to gain 0.000001 fps? 

The Xbox gpu is comparable to a gtx 1070. yeah they struggled a long time to get this thing running 

Lukas Dalton

It kind of irks me that when people (including myself) started complaining about the visual fidelity being severely downgraded, we were attacked by people who claimed to see no difference. And now we know we were right. 

Has Asobo done any communication on this since the hotfix (that didn't fix anything)?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, awf said:

Well PM me and I sent you three shots what I have local, I see the strobes on the ground reflected, better yet I have a movie happy to share!

I don’t think that reply from me was meant for you, but still I wanted to make sure I replied. The effect you’re seeing of lights reflecting on the ground isn’t the volumetric lighting I was referring to. The volumetric light that I’m referencing is specifically when you’re flying through the clouds and the light from your strobes/landing lights is reflecting off of those clouds. In the sim, you could previously see this with the strobes very clearly. Sorry if there was confusion about that comment, wasn’t meant for you and was a joke between myself and another simmer. Also, I don’t have anything messaged to me in my inbox. Sorry again for the confusion.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

That shot from P3D actually looks very nice! 

Makes me think we should not discount the older sims just on the basis of graphics , graphics and solely graphics and nothing but graphics. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

Makes me think we should not discount the older sims just on the basis of graphics , graphics and solely graphics and nothing but graphics. 

Because if they roll the graphics, back, what's left? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Ridiculous statement that an X box S is as powerful as many of the PCs owned by people on this forum. Where did you pull that "fact" from? 

Where did I mention "on this forum"?  Where did I specify the "S"

Still, whilst you're putting words in my mouth, look at the Series S specs, then look at the average PC gaming hardware being currently used. (Steam survey is a great place for that data)   Let me know what you come up with. 

Actually dont.  Going to put you on ignore for a couple of weeks.  It's just endless uninformed rubbish and negativity from you at the moment.  Hope things get sorted soon so you start enjoying things again. Good luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

You make a very valid point! I remember when those immersion packs came out. I was also really excited when I saw this feature in MSFS… made me excited to think I wouldn’t have to pay for that feature again.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I'm currently OTW to KRNO in the PMDG NGXu and enjoying it.   I think it's just far to early to take any of this degredation seriously.  As I recall Asobo had made clear statements to the effect they won't leave veteran simmers in the dark, a lot of promotion and development was done on PC including all promo videos, and the absolute goal was to get MSFS to Xbox by their projected launch date.  IOW, isn't this all highly predicted?  After all of this dev on PC, do you really think they're going to abandon the platform?  MS sells plenty of games on both platforms and I own a couple.  The PC versions of these are much nicer to play on then on my Xbox One X (used only to play TGC 2019 w/ my brother) and so why should we assume the sky is falling forever on this?  I think it's a highly predicted event.  I do agree w/ all even w/ the workaround on how to get Ultra back it's still a significant disappointment, especially all of those PC resources that are being ignored now w/ SU5. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

Can’t wait for the next dev QA where the Asobo guys look into the camera telling us „we didn’t do nothing“, „what issues we don’t know any“ like in the past. 

Alright Mr, Negative Nancy. Live in your silly conspiracy theory world. Do you want a tinfoil hat?

Edited by Tuskin38

48 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The Xbox gpu is comparable to a gtx 1070. yeah they struggled a long time to get this thing running 

You have no idea what you speak of. That Xbox console doesn't even run MSFS2020 and is 8 yrs old.

The Xbox Series X is closer to the current generation cards

GeForce RTX 3080 Xbox Series X PlayStation 5
GPU architecture Discrete Ampere graphics Integrated RDNA 2 Integrated RDNA 2
GPU Clock 1710 MHz 1825 MHz 2333 MHz
Memory 10GB GDDR6X 10GB GDDR6 16GB GDDR 6
Memory bus 320 bit 320 bit 256 bit
Bandwidth 760 GBps 560 GBps 448 GBps
TDP 320W 200W 180W
Shading units 8704 3328 2304
Compute units 68 52 36
ROPs 96 80 64
TMUs 272 208 144