Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Finally "FSX" is back since SU5

Just now, Chock said:

There are so many logical contradictions and fallacies in what you wrote right there, it'd difficult to know where to begin. So instead, I won't bother. 🤣

I don't blame you.....;-) 

I waiting till my sim recovers from my CTD

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

And why is that bad?

Dollars...via Xbox users....roi.....the bigger the profit the bigger the bonus....SDK is cost....reduces profit....reduces bonus....so no interest....at least till now it was exactly not in focus......because it's hasn't really got much attention this and last year

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I think that it is time to spin up the Troll-O-Meter.

bs

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Well, look at the bright side, some of you guys may get invited on Alex Jones next show....The black helicopters are coming to take your SIM away ..

Even I have to laugh at this thread.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Dollars...via Xbox users....roi.....the bigger the profit the bigger the bonus....SDK is cost....reduces profit....reduces bonus....so no interest....at least till now it was exactly not in focus......because it's hasn't really got much attention this and last year

So much Bull.

Even the latest weekly update listed changes to the SDK. They're still working on it,  and the marketplace is a money maker or them, so of course they would keep supporting the SDK.

No SDK = No Money from the Marketplace

Third party devs give them more money will they sell stuff on the marketplace.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

It's the increased FPS.....its magic.

Now honestly....this is the most bad update MSFS has rushed out since release....

And I'm concerned that we simmers are really not their market anymore.....

yea, we got that, now you can rest.

• Upvote 1

Maybe the mods should close the thread indeed....I had to blow a bit steam off....and my TV offered me even more word not allowed compared to the posts I've made here 

I'm out....have a nice evening guys and girls 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

38 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

With one difference......we had more LOD in FSX 😉

Now I will wait till SU6 is out.....than my VRAM will be back at 16GB to utilize my 3090 GPU and when they stop streaming in about 8 years....terrain....I will have less blurry and popping autogen....

Welcome to MSFS Xbox targets......we simmers aren't the target market....for the time being at least not.

Ironie off

Cheers Marcus

I don't really agree about this visuals. Visuals are still good, the fact now I can increase the LOD manually from the file beyond 2.0 without too much of hit of performance, it is very good unlike how it used to before SU5, where increasing beyond 2.0 would bring the PC to its knees. 

Having said that, put aside the visuals, SU5 is still dumpster of stability issues and CTDs as you already saw from the other threads. So yeah, I would agree they introduced some nonsense bugs but I don't think visuals is one of these (at least to me)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

That seems like a fair assessment, though I think there are some differences in the resolution of the Lods, as well as in the lighting. So I cannot absolutely prove the changes they made affected the image fidelity, but something still seems off a bit visually. I did have CTD's originally, but they mysteriously went away for no explained reason, at least for the time being.

It's not perfect that's for sure, but i think the real destruction they did was more to the DEV environment than the Sim itself.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I'd offer an opposing equation: More moneh = more profit = less costly development = project is financially viable = everyone profits, us included, and even the dusty SDK may get a brush with the rag and freed from the cobwebs.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Here is a nuanced post from the FS-forum: 

Guys there is no visual downgrade or conspiracy to make the consoles look better.

It’s simply the case that they have made a series of very complex changes to how the engine works and to some extent we are at stage 1 with the new update, and now they will start fixing it back up. If you guys actually followed the developer timeline and watched the live Twitch Q & A’s that Jorg, Sebastian and Martial do every single month you’d know this.

They have already promised us that high end PC’s will get LOD settings beyond the existing ultra settings. They have already told us that DirectX12 will enable them to improve the clouds well beyond what they have achieved so far and that they will implement this before the year end.

They have already told us that once the Xbox release is done the focus is on improving high-end PC and in particular VR performance and that we’ll have full motion control in VR before the end of 2021.

There is no conspiracy or dumbing down, just a hugely complex simualtion and game world beyond anything ever attempted at the consumer level before and they can only tackle a few things at a time.

We are almost 1 year into a 10 year project, just have some patience.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

I have not seen a great degradation of the scenery, nor the pop-is many have been suffering through. What I do notice is that the lighting model seems to have been changed and this certainly impacts how I see the scenery. It is cloudy in Toronto today but when I flew out of Buttonville everything under the clouds still looked too bright and a little washed out. I do not know for sure if changes were made but something does seem different. 

Dan Scott

37 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I think that it is time to spin up the Troll-O-Meter.

That may be true, but its what I am back flying until the dust clears.  No troll.  Just what I personally am doing.  On that note I must mention that I had quite a struggle this past week after my FSX SE would not start.  I had flown it the previous week.  Unfortunately I screwed with too many possible cures until I learned from another user on the Steam forums that it might be a .dll added by a recent nVidia driver update.  Removed that file and all was almost back to normal.  My prior screwing around to "fix" it created some new issues to overcome, mostly with flight control settings.

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere