Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Finally "FSX" is back since SU5

44 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

At least P3D had better LOD

Most people who write sentences like this have no idea what LOD really means…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I thought so at first but then found out most of the visual degradations were recoverable:

• Object LOD can be increased in the cfg.
  • Colorgradation can be disabled in the cfg.
  • Monitor / Nvidia settings can be tweaked further for colours (simply setting my panel to ‘gaming’ mode made a huge difference)
  • Reverting Nvidia driver to 466.77 virtually eliminated problems with the AA, cloud pixelation, and artefacting.

And the bloom actually does a really good job of representing glare, even on a SDR panel.

The bug meaning settings are not being saved seems like a real hassle (luckily don’t have it here), but I really think the visuals have actually been improved now, and I tend to focus on them a lot.

Then one would hope they would be pushing out a patch to fix the cfg because i for one wont be going to start modding config files. Ive already played it very conservative and the only benefit ive got so far is not having ctd's which is fine. But the vis/deg, interface bugs and weather anomalies needs to be addressed by Asobo.

This isnt a dig at you at all but this isn't FS9 or FSX. I have no intention of getting into the business of modding cfg or core files anymore.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

5 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Then one would hope they would be pushing out a patch to fix the cfg because i for one wont be going to start modding config files. Ive already played it very conservative and the only benefit ive got so far is not having ctd's which is fine. But the vis/deg, interface bugs and weather anomalies needs to be addressed by Asobo.

This isnt a dig at you at all but this isn't FS9 or FSX. I have no intention of getting into the business of modding cfg or core files anymore.

Square one springs to mind if we have to start modding cfg files again. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Then one would hope they would be pushing out a patch to fix the cfg because i for one wont be going to start modding config files.

I agree the ideal would be a slider for every value in the UI so everyone can get the best for their rig.

Until that happens opening the cfg and changing two values isn’t that big an imposition on my time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

34 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I did have CTD's originally, but they mysteriously went away for no explained reason, at least for the time being.

Lucky you. My CTDs are completely random with no clear pattern to reproduce them, although I have noticed that if I start panning the camera very fast from outside view, that might give me CTDs since it is re rendering the POV, maybe that? No idea 

But seriously, what Asobo did for optimizations and having to render in POV, it is actually a smart idea. However, its execution was bit off and sometimes feels things weren't planned correctly and sometimes it feels to me they are behaving like startup mentality with just "ship it now and we will fix it later", it could be because of Microsoft pressure? It could be. I hope this part will get improved overtime and I am pretty sure they will improve it. It is just frustrating that we will have to live with it for sometime until it is being addressed correctly.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Did not read the thread but did someone say FSX and LOD, LOL you would not take off from JFK and fly over Manhattan without a OOM CTD. LMAO.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Flightsim.to repaints for Asobo A320 causes instant sim freeze or crash - no fun

Rich Sennett

38 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Lucky you. My CTDs are completely random with no clear pattern to reproduce them, although I have noticed that if I start panning the camera very fast from outside view, that might give me CTDs since it is re rendering the POV, maybe that? No idea 

But seriously, what Asobo did for optimizations and having to render in POV, it is actually a smart idea. However, its execution was bit off and sometimes feels things weren't planned correctly and sometimes it feels to me they are behaving like startup mentality with just "ship it now and we will fix it later", it could be because of Microsoft pressure? It could be. I hope this part will get improved overtime and I am pretty sure they will improve it. It is just frustrating that we will have to live with it for sometime until it is being addressed correctly.

Interesting as I’ve not had a CTD since I had my 3080 replaced. But when I decided to do a flight, I set the DC6 up and was going for a push back so when to out side view started paning  around and BANG CTD.

So am taking a time out, seems every day people are finding more and more thing taken out. Just read the topic on lighting. It seems we have two people that seem to have no problems with there setting sticking and lighting working just as before.

Interesting what will come out and get fixed/HF or if it will take months for us to get back to some sort of “normal” let hope is very soon and not a PMDG “soon”

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The lod and downgrade in graphics is a slap in every simmers face. The word not allowed Xbox may not look worse than the PCs. 

takeoff from JFK and look at manhatten. It’s a flat desert. What a joke. I am on ultra. I have no intention to play around with cfgs. Just remove the Xbox version from my pc Asobo. 

Lukas Dalton

5 minutes ago, DaWu said:

takeoff from JFK and look at manhatten. It’s a flat desert. What a joke. I am on ultra

Doesn't look flat on my end

1250410_20210801014909_1.png

lLGL61I.png

ODpE43Y.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

And now show us screenshots without custom cfg hacks. That is definitely not vanilla su5

Lukas Dalton

1 minute ago, DaWu said:

And now show us screenshots without custom cfg hacks. That is definitely not vanilla su5

I haven't touched my cfg file. This is preset ultra.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So am taking a time out, seems every day people are finding more and more thing taken out. Just read the topic on lighting. It seems we have two people that seem to have no problems with there setting sticking and lighting working just as before.

I agree with you, I am also taking break from the sim as well as the fourms. Just reading some threads here is worse than SU5 issues themselves lol.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Amen brother!....I agree!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Doesn't look flat on my end

1250410_20210801014909_1.png

lLGL61I.png

ODpE43Y.png

Can you take some screenshots at 7000 - 10000 feet?