Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

MSFS Quiz Show

Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to America's hottest new game show, the Flight Sim Quiz Show. Here's how the contest works. You'll be given a quotation, and you have to decide whether that quotation comes from a user of MSFS, P3D, or X-Plane. Answers are down at the bottom, but don't look until you've mentally chosen an answer. A few of the questions may have more than one answer. Good luck, Captains. Post your score below.

1. "I think these Orthos make the sim look better, but they sure take up a lot of disk space."
  2. "It's Thursday, so we should be seeing the new screen shots any minute now."
  3. "How come the development team never communicates with us anymore?" (Could have more than one answer.)
  4. "We seem to need a lot more VRAM since DX12."
  5. "Just wait until our sim developers team up with Google Maps!"
  6. "Did you hear what Lionel said on the live stream?"
  7. "With only a thousand dollars worth of add-ons from ORBX and REX and Envtex, our sim can look just as good as theirs."
  8. "I just wish we had seasons." (Could have more than one answer.)
  9. "What has Austin been working on?"
  10. "My last flight wasn't saved in my logbook!"
  11. "I'm glad we finally got sloped runways."
  12. "I think Vulkan helped."
  13. "Installing these updates shouldn't be a three-step ordeal!"
  14. "They're more interested in defense contracts than improving our sim."
  15. "Don't forget to delete the Shaders folder."
  16. "Don't forget to remove everything from the Community folder."
  17. "Maybe our sim isn't as pretty, but it has the best flight models."
  18. "The autopilot is trying to kill me!"
  19. "Oh no, the newest update broke my add-ons!" (May have three answers.)
  20. "Does VNAV work yet?"
  21. "At least we have buildings at the airports now."
  22. "I only use sims that fly helicopters in VR on Linux."
  23. "These volumetric clouds look pixelated."
  24. "Should I do a complete reinstall or just the Client?"
  25. "I'm happy PMDG is starting to provide aircraft for our sim."

Answers: 1=XP  2=MSFS  3=XP & P3D  4=P3D  5=XP  6=MSFS  7=P3D  8=XP & MSFS  9=XP  10=MSFS  11=MSFS  12=XP  13=MSFS  14=P3D  15=P3D  16=MSFS  17=XP  18=MSFS  19=XP & P3D & MSFS  20=MSFS  21=XP  22=XP  23=MSFS  24=P3D  25=MSFS

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

As one of those people who has all 3 sims (and AFS2!) and has moments of joy and struggle with them all this brought a chuckle! 🙂

• Like 1

I forgot about AFS2.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

23 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I forgot about AFS2.

When I first saw this, I had a flashback to the 90's and the old AS2 (Airline Simulator 2) from Nomisoft based on the old sublogic Flight Assignment: ATP.  I remember how exciting it was when they released 3DAGS for it that allowed you to view it in 3D with old movie-style two color 3D glasses!  It's amazing how far flight simulation has come.

• Like 1

That’s pretty funny 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU