Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

C172 Floatplane - landing gear issue

First time trying this and can't get the gear to retract (so I can land on water).  I have this toggled to my warthog throttle, I can "hear" the gear come down/retract but nothing actually happens.  Similar behaviour if I just toggle with the actual gear in the VC via the mouse.  No issues on other aircraft?  Never had a single issue retracting gear at all.  Anyone else?

Edit:  This is really odd the gear doesn't budge on the G1000 and steam gauge variant of the C172 floatplane, tested some other aircraft with gear and it retracts no probs.  Am I missing something really obvious here??

Edited by sidfadc
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I found that the same retract button on my joystick will also activate the gear for the float plane.  But I can't tell if the float rudders can be retracted or not.

Same here, and on the Xcub floater.  I hear the sound, but when I look outside at the animation, nothing has moved. 

It happens whether I use the joystick button, my Saitek control panel, the 'G' key on the keyboard, or even if I flip the switch with the mouse on the cockpit panel.

Just another bug for the list.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

You have an assignement problem, guys. There is no bug, my amphib Xcub and 172 landing gear drops and raises with G or the button assigned to G on my joystick. t works with the VC internal lever too.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You have an assignement problem, guys. There is no bug, my amphib Xcub and 172 landing gear drops and raises with G or the button assigned to G on my joystick. t works with the VC internal lever too.

You must be the only one... 😕  I found this to be an issue like the others reported above and yes it is a bug. You should be able to use the lever in the cockpit for this operation.  Is this a 'Game' or a 'Simulator'.  Key shortcuts are for games...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Sorry - a dupe!

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

It is another obscure bug Dom.  I have looked at assignments and they are perfect.  Like I say, in the Xcub I flicked the switch with the mouse on the VC panel anyway (which can't be the wrong way to do it).  I heard the gear retraction noise, and saw the gear indication lights change, but outside, nothing - no movement. 

I think it is intermittent as I am sure I had it working once in the Bora Bora flight.

I will keep looking tonight to see if it happens again.

Edited by bobcat999

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It is another obscure bug Dom.  I have looked at assignments and they are perfect.  Like I say, in the Xcub I flicked the switch with the mouse on the VC panel anyway (which can't be the wrong way to do it).  I heard the gear retraction noise, and saw the gear indication lights change, but outside, nothing - no movement. 

I think it is intermittent as I am sure I had it working once in the Bora Bora flight.

I will keep looking tonight to see if it happens again.

I cannot tell you but that I flew, 15 minutes ago for this thread, the 172 and Xcub, and looked carefully at the side. The landing gear works perfectly, very nicely actually, with a lag betwteen the main wheels and the front wheels. There is no bug on my side. Everything is A OK.

EDIT on the 172 the main wheels are a little slow.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I cannot tell you but that I flew, 15 minutes ago for this thread, the 172 and Xcub, and looked carefully at the side. The landing gear works perfectly, very nicely actually, with a lag betwteen the main wheels and the front wheels. There is no bug on my side. Everything is A OK.

EDIT on the 172 the main wheels are a little slow.

OK.  Gear lights showed up after a good few seconds as you say; I do expect it to be slow on these.  But outside gear was still fully down.  I am looking for maybe an addon that could be conflicting,  but cant see anything obvious yet.

Frustrating or what?  There are so many differences for different people, I wonder if Asobo are playing with us by giving us different builds like they do with the beta testers! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Are we talking the animation is bad or the gear are actually down. Anyone try landing with them "down" after raising them?

Just curious.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

17 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Are we talking the animation is bad or the gear are actually down. Anyone try landing with them "down" after raising them?

Just curious.

I get gear sound and indication lights of up or down when commanded, but no animation from the outside.  I have only tried the C172 and Xcub. There is a third floatplane now, can't remember which.  I will give that a try.

I didn't land on the runway when I commanded them up.  I commanded them down again first.  Once again I heard them moving, and the gear indication lights changed, but no animation from outside. 

They didn't collapse when I landed on them (on a runway), so I don't think it is some kind of stress or overspeed issue.  And although the gear was showing down outside when I asked it to retract, it also landed on the water alright.

Strange little quirks aren't they?  Not serious, but I would like to solve them.

I just had a thought.  I wonder how people check from outside, camera view or drone view?  I will try them both.  There is already another quirk where feathered props only show from either inside or outside the plane, but not both (I can't remember which way round it is).  I wonder if it is related to this animation issue.

Edited by bobcat999

I have noticed that some animations work intermittently. Example was the DA62 throttles - sometimes they move and sometimes not. Power responds as expected, just the animation. Then try again and all works. Had a few things like that. Annoying but not the end of the world.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

14 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Just curious.

Works for me, I did two flights where I took off, watered, took off again and landed at the airport again. Animation works as well.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

43 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Just curious.

Dominique

duplicate

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique