Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

C172 Floatplane - landing gear issue

At my end, animation works and gear is functional.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Something is definitely a miss, I simply took off from the runway in the floatplane tried to "gear up" using a button on my warthog (usual command) but the gear didn't retract visually from the outside model.  Despite the fact I "heard" the gear go up and the gear level inside the VC was in the up position.  I tried this again without using my warthog, by using my mouse on the gear lever in the VC.  I have NEVER had any issues with the gear retraction in any other aircraft and only the newly added 172 floatplane with retractable gear is demonstrating this behaviour.  If I jump into my usual planes with gear like the TBM, A320, CJ4 etc the gear behaves normally.  I very much doubt this is a control assignment issue and the intermittent nature of it suggests its a bug.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

58 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Something is definitely a miss, I simply took off from the runway in the floatplane tried to "gear up" using a button on my warthog (usual command) but the gear didn't retract visually from the outside model.  Despite the fact I "heard" the gear go up and the gear level inside the VC was in the up position.  I tried this again without using my warthog, by using my mouse on the gear lever in the VC.  I have NEVER had any issues with the gear retraction in any other aircraft and only the newly added 172 floatplane with retractable gear is demonstrating this behaviour.  If I jump into my usual planes with gear like the TBM, A320, CJ4 etc the gear behaves normally.  I very much doubt this is a control assignment issue and the intermittent nature of it suggests its a bug.

This exactly replicates my experience.  Strange indeed!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@Dillon @sidfadc @Dominique_K

Yay! Thanks to @Seabhag66 for highlighting this to me.  If you have the Robert Young G36 mod in the  community folder, it interferes with the new float plane gear retraction. That explains why some of us had it and some didn't,.

That is a strange one, and I wonder why it affects the floaters this way.

I thought I tested with an empty community folder, but I think I left the Piaggio, JF Arrow, and the G36 in there, thinking 'what harm could they be?' Lol!

Anyway, at last!  It was driving me mad. :biggrin: 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Yay! Thanks to @Seabhag66 for highlighting this to me.  If you have the Robert Young G36 mod in the  community folder, it interferes with the new float plane gear retraction. That explains why some of us had it and some didn't,.

I thought I tested with an empty community folder, but I think I left the Piaggio, JF Arrow, and the G36 in there, thinking 'what harm could they be?' Lol!

I told ya...  Glad you found the snag 👍 . I do not have the RY Bonanza that explains it worked for me. 

Today I left LFMD from a hard runway , landed on the water near Saint Tropez AND then climbed ashore with the gear down again.  With the Cub. Watch the animation, it is rather well done.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Today I left LFMD from a hard runway , landed on the water near Saint Tropez AND then climbed ashore with the gear down again.  With the Cub. Watch the animation, it is rather well done.

Excellent!  Well I can watch it now!  Using the addon linker, I will drop the G36 in and out of the folder at will depending on what I want to do.

I think the issue is, I dropped the G36 in manually, with the installed Arrow and Piaggio, so I didn't see it linked in addon linker in the add-ons folder. 

You live and learn! 

Edited by bobcat999

Very odd conflict indeed and yes I have the RY Mod installed....

Off topic but the Nav function doesn't work in the RY Mod in SU5, with GPS the plane just flies the heading bug and doesn't follow the magenta line.  Seems there is a little more going on with mod in SU5 so I will disable it now until its updated if it is all.

Thomas Derbyshire

28 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Very odd conflict indeed and yes I have the RY Mod installed....

Off topic but the Nav function doesn't work in the RY Mod in SU5, with GPS the plane just flies the heading bug and doesn't follow the magenta line.  Seems there is a little more going on with mod in SU5 so I will disable it now until its updated if it is all.

GPS tracking now works with the mod and the WT NXI v2.0 that they updated today (free in the marketplace).

13 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

GPS tracking now works with the mod and the WT NXI v2.0 that they updated today (free in the marketplace).

ah cool so it was the NXi and not the RY Mod at fault?

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Looks like I'll be using the freeware float Cessna mod.  Rob's G36 mod is one of my main GA aircraft to fly.  It's insane what's affected now with SU5.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Looks like I'll be using the freeware float Cessna mod.  Rob's G36 mod is one of my main GA aircraft to fly.  It's insane what's affected now with SU5.

yep floatplane versus awesome G36 mod = no contest

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

I can raise or lower the gear on the 172 float plane either in he cockpit or with the G key. works fine just slow. 

I found this topic just before I was about to post about the landing gear problem I have on the floatplanes. I also have this issue of not seeing the gear rectract when looking at he plane from the outside view. The gearindicator work as normal, but there's no visual movements of the gear. I've tried both the Husky and the newly updated 172 with floats and no visual on either. No visual movements of the waterrudder either on those two planes. Having no problem with the visual gear movement of the regular retracable gear epuipped planes. Did a restart of the computer and sim but to no avail. So I'm putting my money on a bug.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Bert Pieke posted a fix on another thread, I tried it and it fixed the issue for me.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/605081-gear-animation-on-amphibian-planes-broken/?tab=comments#comment-4597177

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thank you very much for the link Alvega 😃👍

• Like 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.