Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Ptaylors blog news... Today

There is some good info here but I can't read all of one part which goes beyond the page boundary (large font likely cause). Phil might like to fix it if he is around. It was a very good read and it was pleasing to see these facts written down on at long last. Thanks Phil.:)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hmmm, I re-previewed and it appears fine.What browser and what section?

Phil! Thanks for keeping us abreast on your progress and plans, but I think Aces needs to back off on hard and fast statements like below. This is part of the reason this situation is in now! Shawn's statements were taken as gospel, so when circumstances changed you're now in the position of having to explain why you couldn't meet the Vista deadline originally stated by Shawn. By making statements such as "Bank on it" it seems your doing the same thing. If there is a bump in the road that delays this even further, people will be referring back to this blog post, and we'll be going though the same thing all over. As a developer myself, I know there is circumstances both internal and external, that can force an unanticipated delay in a release."As far as goals, we have stated a goal for delivering DX10 in the recent PR about the XPack, which is

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Thad

Phill,Are your running IE7 at less then 100% Zoom Level (Bottom right corner of IE7 window). If I set Zoom Level to less then 100% I get the same effect showed in your screenshot.Hope that helps.-Thad

Nah, we've all gotten used to the pie in the sky estimates from many add-on developers in the community.Phill is a REAL PM (therefore he leads an actual project team) and spoken as a fellow man of the "PMP Cloth", if if a real PM says "Fall 2007" you can pretty much bank on it. The difference is that methinks that there is a project plan with pretty gant charts, TDOCs, risk analysis, etc which bakes in slack time into the project. The stuff that makes PM crystal ball estimates pretty accurate.

I have a similar problem Phil. But, it's only the section titled "FSX:More on SLI and Multi-core". Everything else on the blog is fine. I'm using IE7 at 100% view.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Click on the article title and the formatting should correct itself. It appears the same way for me, but selecting the title link opens the article up directly with correct formatting.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation Fan

Jason,You're right, now I know how to get the data. Earlier I did a select all on the article and pasted into TextPad to read it. :-lolThat tip is a keeper!Thanks, Phill

Thanks Jason. I didn't know that either. Good going...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I very much appreciated the link to the article about the Valve presentation. It was very straightforward and understandable. I can definitely see the difficulties in implementing truly multi-core capable engines. I'm glad they are making progress.