Sign in to follow this  
177B

Poll. How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?

How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?  

359 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?

• Same as before
    • Better frame rate but worse graphics
    • Better frame rate and graphics fine after some tweaks
    • CTD's unusable
    • I am leaving for FSX or XP or P3D
    • A bit worse LOD problems

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/2021 at 04:00 AM

I know this is not scientific, but I would like some idea. I hope my answers are adequate.

Bear in mind less then 2% of users come to this forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

One computer performs better, but it was fine before so their changes have made it a worse experience overall. That's a CTD fest.  

I've only tested my other computer once. That CTD'd as well. Before it did the performance was actually a fair bit worse than before update 5. 

CTDs on 80% of my flights. Graphics are atrocious. P3D it is. 

I do get some CTD but I wouldn't say its unusable (touch wood).

Definitely enjoying the better performance, I have maxed out every setting except shadows.

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Your categories don't capture the whole situation for me..

Better frames, LOD and popping scenery is worse, a major issue of long pauses in large urban centers (LAX being the worst for me) is fixed,  color/contrast blown out, CTDs occuring, but not debilitating. 

One step forward, one step back.

• Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Pole is a little negative leaning.  My vote would be, "Better framerates, same graphics, important features missing to accommodate the XBOX". 

My main gripe with limited testing on my part is tool tips are missing showing things like your trim and other settings.  Now because of XBOX help insanity you have to turn the tooltip feature off because it's completely useless.  You either have to guess your trim or use the gauges/displays in planes that realistically show the settings on the gauge (not all aircraft do).  In the case of the WT G3000 you see the trim bar but have to guess your exact trim setting.  In the Milviz Corsair you have to round about guess 6 degrees of trim based on the gauge reading which is not obvious.  I'm all for realism but the in sim tooltip option should have an option to be the same as it was in SU4 and before instead of overly stupefied XBOX user tips.  If I didn't know any better I say we're we're going toward Disneysim 2020 the way those new tooltips are looking. 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I chose option 3 because with my LODs set to 400, I did have the popping scenery.  Switched back to LODs 200 and everything is fine.  FPS is locked and stays there, CPU usage has been reduced even after cranking up clouds to ULTRA.  My biggest complaint is STILL default weather and its god awful temps and ISA at altitude.  And now the altimeter reading is not even close to being accurate. The REX update "stinks", so my prayers continue for update to "Unreal Weather" mod and/or HiFi Simulations

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

On my case im yet to have a ctd but it wrecked my control assignments (xbox 360 controller for views), the graphics are worse and im having this atrocious bug related to the temperature. I cant do any flights with it anymore, at least not anything that requires planning since the fuel burn is waaaay oooffff thanks to this temperature bug.

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

5 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I'm going back to FS9

That’s humor but has a touch of truth to it. 😂

I remember how people ranted about FSX when it was first released. Not sure how many, but there were a bunch of people who stayed on FS9 for years, many until they had no other choice.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

I remember how people ranted about FSX when it was first released. Not sure how many, but there were a bunch of people who stayed on FS9 for years, many until they had no other choice.

FS9 > FSX and never believed the hype about P3D. XP may be my next step

Edited by jbdbow1970

In the Categories, you should have , "About the same FPS, very poor Graphics" as a choice. " 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

I did. Stayed with FS9 for well over a year, while FSX was riddled with issues in the beginning. Then I finally got sick and tired of tweaking FSX and quit for awhile starting up again with P3D. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, xender said:

On my case im yet to have a ctd but it wrecked my control assignments (xbox 360 controller for views), the graphics are worse and im having this atrocious bug related to the temperature. I cant do any flights with it anymore, at least not anything that requires planning since the fuel burn is waaaay oooffff thanks to this temperature bug.

I wasn't pinning the temperature but on thus. It's my understanding that it was occurring before the update. But that's based on forum remarks, not personal observation. Not to understate the impact as  the temp bug is kind of a showstopper for realistic high altitude flights.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

FS9 > FSX

Not in this life, the next life, or any other life. I used and tinkered with both extensively. Just the virtual cockpit support alone in FSX was a huge improvement.