Sign in to follow this  
Captain Joe

Unable to connect P2A_XPLink plugin

I am new to Pilot2ATC and currently trying it out during the trial period.  I am running it on an IMac Pro using Windows 10 on Bootcamp.  I am using the most current version of 11.55 of x plane 11.  I have set AI to zero and have the box use XP 11.5x traffic checked and installed the  xplane xp-link plugin to my x plane 11 root directory.  The Slow XP Link is unchecked.  I have left the IP address at 127.0.0.1 since I am running xplane and Pilot2ATC on the same computer.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much for your reply Dave!  XPUIPC is installed.  Other plugins include World Traffic 3.0, World Traffic Radar, Better Pushback, Avitab, AVS, Fly with Lua, terrain radar, x-camera, XP Realistic, XPGF, Scenic Flyer, Web FMC, Volanta Plugin, XP Widgets framework, XPGF, xjet, along with python interface & python scripts.

Thank you again for your response Dave!

Yes, the folder is there in my plugins folder.  The error message is "unable to connect to P2A_XPLink plugin. Normal AI traffic will be used."

You can try deleting the XPLink plugin, check the Slow XPLink option and install it again.

If that still doesn't work, try temporarily removing other plugins.  It's possible there's a conflict with one of them.  You can create a folder named "Removed Plugins" and just move them to that folder.  Later, if you want to add them back, just move them back to your plugins folder.

Dave

Thank you again for your reply Dave! 

I deleted the XPLink plugin then checked the Slow XPLink option and reinstalled it.  I then removed all plugins except CIFP (couldn't access my desktop without this one), Plugin Admin, Python Interface, PythonScripts (knew I needed both of these to run Pilot2ATC), XPLM.framework, XPUIPC & XPWidgets.framework, XPLM_64.dll, XPLM_64.so & XPWidgets_64.dll and received the same results. Received an error during loading XPlane that I needed to add back the XPLM.framework & XPWidgets.framework.  I of course knew I shouldn't remove the XPUIPC.  I also decided to use a Laminar aircraft (MD 80) just in case one of my addons was the issue.

Thank you Dave!

I removed both Python plugins as you advised with unfortunately the same results.  So it doesn't look like the plugins are the issue at this point.  I also do not have any AI aircraft being added at this point.  Just have the AI folder in the aircraft folder for XPlane.  This was mentioned in one of the video's I found on YouTube for Pilot2ATC to set things up.  Trying to think of anything I can on my end too.

If you removed  the Traffic Global plugin, put that one back.  The P2A _XPLink plugin is looking for traffic, so if you have the traffic turned off, it may be having problems.

The only other thing I can think of is to run P2A as Administrator by right clicking the icon or exe file and selecting "Run as administrator" from the menu.  Maybe there are some access issues.

Dave

Thank you Dave!

Put back World Traffic and World Traffic Radar and ran P2A as Administrator.  It took a bit longer to fully connect but unfortunately with the same results.  Decided to take World Traffic back out since I just read they are working on an upgrade for Vulcan.  So I added back 8 aircraft in X Plane tried connecting P2A with the same results.  

Also the video explaining out to add AI traffic without taking any frame hits is X Plane 11-Pilot2ATC-Part I-The Review|How to set up:AI Traffic-ATC Voices-Flight Plan and more...on YouTube.  The instructions for adding the AI folder is a little more than 24 minutes in.  

Please email the most recent P2A log file to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.  It might have some clues on what is going on since no one else is having this problem.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Thank you Dave!

I just emailed the log files to you.  There were 10 of them and hopefully I did it correctly...your directions were very easy to follow.  I am familiar with viewing hidden files and always have the option checked.  Thank you for the heads up though!  Have many year's of experience in dealing with Windows files. Lol