Sign in to follow this  
ianlighting

Next Gen XPlane (Gen-X) "Choose your destination!"

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Why? Because I only speak the truth? If something is broken it must be fixed

You're on his ignore list.  Why are you replying?

There's a difference between an opinion and the truth.  You seem to prefer the former.

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

(yes I'm a developer)

With your attitude, you must be a lonely one.

Edited by GoranM

15 minutes ago, GoranM said:

There's a difference between an opinion and the truth.  You seem to prefer the former.

Oh the irony

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

8 minutes ago, rka said:

Oh the irony

Well don't leave me hanging.  Are you going to expand on that, or do you also, just want a reaction?

Let me answer for you (at least partially).  Do I have opinions?  Absolutely!  We all do.  But I don't come in here and say, "I only speak the truth!" prefaced by something which is, obviously, an opinion.  If I have an opinion, I'll say it.  "In my opinion."

Having a constant negative opinion, however, doesn't really earn anyone any respect.  Especially to a person who claims to be a developer, whose solution to constant crashes in MSFS was to format the entire hard drive and reinstall Windows and MSFS.  I actually laughed so hard when I saw that, I spat out some coffee.

Oh, what's the noise I hear?  Is that a key turning in a lock?  

😉

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, GoranM said:

That's what he wants.  He wants people to hate X-Plane, and he'll do whatever he can to provoke a reaction.  

There's a saying in my country.  "Blowing out one candle doesn't make the other one appear brighter".

Greazer, somehow, thinks the opposite is true.

I know that's what he wants, the real question is, why is he allowed to carry on with it. As far as I am concerned it's way beyond free speech and very definitely in the realms of trolling. Quite honestly I rarely visit this forum, purely because of him. I know how to add people to the ignore list, but there will be some that don't. They may well stay away from the forum because of people like him. Had he been a member of my Facebook group he would have been gone a very long time ago. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Let me answer for you (at least partially).  Do I have opinions?  Absolutely!  We all do.  But I don't come in here and say, "I only speak the truth!" prefaced by something which is, obviously, an opinion.  If I have an opinion, I'll say it.  "In my opinion."

Oh, what's the noise I hear?  Is that a key turning in a lock?  

😉

You're a funny guy 😄

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

12 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

why is he allowed to carry on with it.

No comment.  (I might tell you on Facebook)

As far as I am concerned it's way beyond free speech and very definitely in the realms of trolling.

Some people just can't help themselves.  They hate X-Plane so much, simply for existing, that they want to see it, and LR just vanish of the face off the earth.  Not realizing there are people who work within Laminar who depend on X-Plane for a living.  And before any of the trolls (yes, I'm calling them that, and they know who they are) come in here and say things like, "You defend X-Plane because you need it to make a living!", let me nip that in the bud right now.  I know how to make add ons for MSFS.  I know about export scripts for Blender.  I know the modelling and texture workflow.  I've had 3 programmers and 2 publishers from MSFS ask me to work with them.  If X-Plane goes belly up, it's a very easy migration.

X-Plane is serious competition.  And here's why.  No one goes on to criticize or post negative comments about Flight Gear.  Why not?  I think the answer is kind of obvious. They criticize P3D.  Why?  Because there are still plenty of people who still use it.  They want a stable platform.  

Quite honestly I rarely visit this forum, purely because of him.

I'm the opposite.  I visit this forum because of his constant trolling.  I've developed quite the thick skin in this business and community.  So thick, it's practically a suit of armour.  When I see Greazers posts, most of the time, I have a chuckle.  Other times, I shake my head in bewilderment at the words he posts.  

The MSFS forums are an excellent break for me.  I've seen posts from people crying because MSFS is so beautiful, to people wishing MSFS a Happy Birthday.  "WOW" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rka said:

You're a funny guy 😄

Thank you!  I know this.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

I know that's what he wants, the real question is, why is he allowed to carry on with it. As far as I am concerned it's way beyond free speech and very definitely in the realms of trolling. Quite honestly I rarely visit this forum, purely because of him. I know how to add people to the ignore list, but there will be some that don't. They may well stay away from the forum because of people like him. Had he been a member of my Facebook group he would have been gone a very long time ago. 

I like how freedom of speech ends when it's not YOUR opinion 😉

Hey guys !

X-Plane is Great ! Austin is not my Leader, but it's a Reference as someone who was able to create his sim in order to fulfil the gaps in the offer he had available when he needed one.

He was once a cleaver guy too regarding business.  

I also admire how he fought for the cause of "anti patent trolling". 

He is always responsive, unless when he get's really mad and writes :  "José has nothing to do !" as he once did, tired of my complaints of XP v5 ( if I'm not wrong ) not having this or that feature 🙂

ASOBO has at least a couple of really nice gals working for them. French gals, talking that sexy French speak... This, I am sorry, nor Austin nor Ben can beat... I I really don't want to hear Phillip talking in his native lang... 

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

10 minutes ago, rka said:

I like how freedom of speech ends when it's not YOUR opinion 😉

I am very open to opinions on all sides of the argument. I am also acutely aware of when an "opinion" is a deliberate troll" and not a well thought out counter argument. Greasy constantly falls into the latter, to the point where it almost seems he cuts and pastes his trolling comments from a troll playbook. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

2 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

I am very open to opinions on all sides of the argument. I am also acutely aware of when an "opinion" is a deliberate troll" and not a well thought out counter argument. Greasy constantly falls into the latter, to the point where it almost seems he cuts and pastes his trolling comments from a troll playbook. 

Well, I think he points out obvious flaws of XP and it's good he does it. So?

1 minute ago, rka said:

I think he points out obvious flaws of XP

1/10 times.  If that.  The other 9 are just troll posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rka said:

Well, I think he points out obvious flaws of XP and it's good he does it. So?

He points out the obviously flaws of XP in virtually every post in the forum, regardless of whether the his comments have any relevance to the post. Most of us that have been around XP for a long time are very aware of the flaws as well as it's many excellent points. Banging on about the flaws in every single post, is not good, it's trolling. His only upside is that his arguments are consistent, not well thought out but certainly consistent. Which I might add, is one of the indicators of a troll.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jason E Row

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I don't find these clouds noteworthy. From above it looks like a large white tiled carpet. If XP12 looks similar it's a No Buy. Laminar must deliver proper clouds.

The video says they are unusable.....

But https://steamcharts.com/app/269950

Tells a different story, after 4 years odd of consistent growth, following April 2020, XP11 peaked and went into decline.

Nothing interesting happened with MSFS in April 2020

While The big FS news in April 2020 was:

https://prepar3d.com/news/2020/04/116313/

MSFS has been in consistent decline from the day it launched.

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer