Sign in to follow this  
Godwisper

Atmospheric solution

so I have Activesky xp and Xvision. 

I tried Gatwick airport on FS2020 and the atmosphere was realistic with stormy clouds, overcast, fog, rain etc.

Switched to XP11 with activesky and xvision same airport and the sky was blue :)

To be honest the athmospheric weather on xp11 is always the same that is either blue sky or white sky if it is not dark.

Anyway to get same like FS2020 ? Am new to asxp and xvision so did not mess with any settings if not putting impressive preset. Someone mentioned to use enviro but since I fly in VR I don`t want to ruin my FPS.

I can´t speak for ActiveSky or Xvision since I don´t use them - but if I choose "real weather" (and the real weather is reported as cloudy on the nearest ATIS/AWOS station) or set up a cloudy sky in default X-Plane... I see a cloudy sky 🤔.

It sounds like you (or your addons) are doing something wrong. Check the weather of the nearest airfield (you can click on it on the map, "m" key) and see if it really reports a cloudy sky. If it does - any you don´t see clouds in your sky - try without your addons.

Cheers, Jan

I will not add much to the topic, but I also use xVision + ASXP and the weather is simulated correctly. So maybe you have something else to cause the disturbance.

I never had problems with ASXP displaying very plausibly the reported weather.

Check your plugin, network, firewall...

Also, are you enabling "From custom METAR (.rwx) file" in the Weather menu ? This used to be required for ASXP to propely inject it's weather in XP11.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I only very rarely had any problem with the accuracy of ASXP.  I also like the fact that it allows you to inject a cirrus layer.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I never had problems with ASXP displaying very plausibly the reported weather.

Check your plugin, network, firewall...

Also, are you enabling "From custom METAR (.rwx) file" in the Weather menu ? This used to be required for ASXP to propely inject it's weather in XP11.

Uhm no I never messed anything in asxp

Just now, Godwisper said:

Uhm no I never messed anything in asxp

Sorry, I meant - in XP11 Weather Menu, not in ASXP menu...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Godwisper.

If you are using XP Realistic, try turning off CAT (clear air turbulence) and Surface turbulence.  In the older version, this caused the weather to go to clear.  Re start the sim.  If that works for you, update it to the latest version, and it should be fine with that one.

Dennis

Edited by sunnydaze
More info

Dennis Elliott

1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

Godwisper.

If you are using XP Realistic, try turning off CAT (clear air turbulence) and Surface turbulence.  In the older version, this caused the weather to go to clear.  Re start the sim.  If that works for you, update it to the latest version, and it should be fine with that one.

Dennis

Dennis I should have latest version of xprealistic as I bought it 5 days ago

Best you can really get imho is something like

But I wouldn't spend time on it tbh, XP12 is coming and this sort of issue is right at the top of the list of things to address.

and yeah, blue or white sky seem to be the only options in XP11.

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer