Sign in to follow this  
Lord Farringdon

SU5 Clouds. Is this a problem or not?

Hi Guys,

These images were taken from SU5. Maybe I misunderstand something about the cloud issues but what is wrong with these images? They seem ok to me and Ultra doesn't look like medium which some people are saying is a visual downgrade in SU5?

So, looks good to me but maybe I'm missing something?  

Edit:  Sorry. Should have my machine specs but I'm PC based i7 with an Nvidea 3060 and 32 Gb

LOW

COZ2RgJ.png

MEDIUM

tj9uxQi.png

HIGH

FYUM8oh.jpg

ULTRA

iau2W4O.jpg

Edited by Lord Farringdon
Sort images so they link from Imgur rather than Google

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Asking me to log in to Google fotos to view....

Yes, account mandatory, cannot view as I do not want a Google account !

Apologies everyone. I'll sort this out. 

Thanks

Edit: Ok, should be sorted now. Apologies once again. 

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

When I look at those I see just what I was getting in SU4 and prior.  And to my taste as a former meteorologist only Ultra provides the realism I have been accustomed to for several years. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Mine is allways on high not Ultra and i am lucky with that, seems the colors changed as to the other ( last builds ) but that dosen`t boders me that mutch, it is OK for me and i am still a lucky flyer..😎

And if you see the smootness we got, isn`t that great 😘

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I have my clouds on Ultra and they look like theyre on Medium and its not cool. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I have my clouds on Ultra and they look like theyre on Medium and its not cool. 

Haven't tried it yet, myself.  But you might want to try this...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/possible-fix-for-improving-the-graphics-after-su5/434000

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

but maybe I'm missing something?  

Probably the massive color banding, even on ultra (noticeable are especially the purples in the upper right section of the image). And what's going on with the colors at ground level?

Edited by Tom_L

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

The clouds have degraded just a little after SU5. I hope that Asobo considers going back to how the clouds looked after SU3.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I’m not seeing any change with the clouds after SU5. The images in the first post is how they’ve always looked for me.

I think this looks amazing

h0UYJqp.png

Edited by Tuskin38

The deterioration is quite obvious to me, that was the first thing I noticed.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |