Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

The Jerks

When I run replay or try to make a video, it is very jerky, seems like the plane is taking giant steps. anyone having this prob?.

Yep. I also get it a lot flying normally in the game. It is a pretty serious issue imo. I fly with light bloom on much of the time and it is very bad with that. I hope they fix it with this 'patch' since it is really becoming a distraction.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest N247K

I get this when in "replay" (at least I've seen it there only so far).This is only when my view is set outside the aircraft.The aircraft surges forward (like zoom out) and then the view catches up (like zoom in), and it does this continually until the aircraft lands.I have tested prop aircraft only, so I don't know if sound is contributing to this.

Guest RGH

HiIf you have 2gig of RAM Gary Trammell post may help you It as smoothed out mine a treat.RegardsRex

What is a gary trammel post?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hi N247KWhat you write sounds to me like you need to choose "locked spot" and not "spot" view when viewing the plane from outside. Then the Camera stops all the funny moving around.RegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

I can say that it happens to me as well, even in towered view during replay. If it is an option in the sim I would like to be able to use it as it was intended and not switch to an alternate view to "solve" the problem. I have 2.5 gigs of ram and still have it, and have done all proposed "tweaks." It is a bug that needs to be fixed, period.Danon

Agreed. I have also tried every fix and tweak (minus that crazy idea to run with no swap file) and it still does it. It did not do this with my old single core 3.6 p4 but the new core2 is jerksville much of the time under high load. I still get a good frame rate but the jerks really distract from it. It must be a dual core compatibility issue. Chalk this up to another bug in this sim that needs to be fixed. Not holding my breath...So much unrealized potential here. It's like a half painted Van Gogh.

Guest Xiderpunk

I too had this in normal flight a whole lot. I tried all the various tweaks with no obvious improvements. Until I discovered www.fs-gs.com honestly speaking I was highly sceptical. Having used the service any scepticism I had is banished! Liquid smooth FSX performance locked at 25fps on my two year old Shuttle XPC (AMD 3500+, 2g RAM, Nvidia 7600GS), with higher settings than I had to begin with!If only I had spoken to Michael before, sigh.

>When I run replay or try to make a video, it is very jerky,>seems like the plane is taking giant steps. anyone having this>prob?.The default recorder in FS is not good at all, a better more robust utility is FS recorder it's free though they do request a voluntary donation. There is a FS2004 version and a Beta FSX version, which works really well! You can even record the actual traffic durring your flight! There is a limit though, If there is too much traffic, you will get can not read file error when you save your recording. I believe this is an OS limitation of having too many files open at one time. (The program generates a separate temp file for each ai flight and merges them all in to a single file when you save at the end. So if you have a large traffic file beware. There is an option to limit the number of AI aircraft t prevent this, but I haven't tried it yet. This is usually only a problem in long flights, overflying dense urban areas. The developer is trying to see if he can figure away around this issue! You can get it herewww.fs-recorder.net

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for all of your replies, I will try all of them and let you know if any corrects the prob. thanks again.