Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

Aerosoft cancels Simple Traffic

While the program wasn’t perfect, I was looking forward to getting better AI traffic (liveries at least) until AIG can fill the gap

https://fselite.net/news/aerosoft-cancels-simple-traffic-for-msfs/

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

WOW!  I thought Asobo and Aerosoft were essentially attached at the hip.

This doesn't bode well for any third party developer out there.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate. I hope ASOBO / Microsoft see this as a cautionary tale, and decide that the circumstances leading up to this can't ever happen again.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

15 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

WOW!  I thought Asobo and Aerosoft were essentially attached at the hip.

This doesn't bode well for any third party developer out there.

Aerosoft was only publishing it, not developing.

It was originally announced a month ago, under a different name and with no Aerosoft involvement, on the official MSFS forums.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ffai-complete-ai-traffic-add-on-coming-soon-for-msfs/411451

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

No matter who was behind this is a pitty. It was a much needed addon. Let's hope it will be reinitiated when all this update mess starts to calm down.

As much needed as a kick to the groin.

it used the bad looking default generic aI models. Not worth the cost at all.

Id rather force the live traffic to use the a320 model with all my liveries. That I can do for free and the A320 can fit in most airport parking spots.

Edited by Tuskin38

Well Mr. Kok, it seems sim instability isn't monopolized by LM / P3D. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...

• Upvote 2

Enrique Vaamonde

2 minutes ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

Still better than generic models with generic liveries. Right some high level stuff at a fair price would be great, but are anybody willing to invest in that at this point?

Keep an eye on AIG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, evaamo said:

Well Mr. Kok, it seems sim instability isn't monopolized by LM / P3D. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...

I want them to tell us what files they were using that are now encrypted with SU5. Its weird that they aren’t.

Edited by Tuskin38

Good! I am waiting for AIG anyway.

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Bummer... I too was looking forward to this.  Can't understand while developers cannot contact (or attempt to), Asobo about the issues.  What ever happen to Alpha India Group? I thought they were working on a version or is that just wishful thinking.

For now, I am not even booting up MSFS until I start to see some blue sky regarding fixing the update (or should I say fixing the Hotfix, 🙂 )   It's back to P3Dv5 in the meantime.

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

7 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

What ever happen to Alpha India Group? I thought they were working on a version or is that just wishful thinking

still WIP 😉 SU5 hit us a bit as well, currently in the process of getting a complete SITREP.... But it is looking more or less ok so far - some hits but nothing that would prevent us from stopping

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Wow... such a quick reply from someone on the inside. 🤩  I'll keep the faith - you guys can do it!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I really don't foresee Aerosoft giving up on MSFS and returning to P3D.