Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The "if you can't beat them, join them.." post...

6 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Just went to the Best Buy Canada site...and correction...I was typing $699.00...nope...my bad....it's $599.00 in Canada...woo hoo!  LOL.

How often do they come out with a new model of X box? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

"I don't know, Bob, ..but now that I'm on the MSFS 'main railroad line', ....heeeeeeeeeeeeeee   haw...let the MSFS games begin.  Now..yeah, I'm excited to check out this puppy!  Going to load it up with a great set of flight gear, and a keyboard for sure...am shopping right now...just need to get a fifth cup of coffee....and hide my shenanigans from my wife's peripheral vision....you know, Bob...you're married as well...lol!"

Edited by Sesquashtoo

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

When is it available?

Right now, Bert...was released last month.  In Canada, as I typed, what a deal for what's inside of it...at $599.00 CDN.   My gawd..when you really look and read the internal spec's....you could not TOUCH even one component in the P.C. world for $600.00 bucks...not the GPU this 12 Teraflop beast will put out.  So,  ....I'm 'can't beat them, JOIN them' sold...lock, stock and barrel.  I fold....

Post Edit: I'm having a blast sorting out my add on's.,  flight stick,  pedals, and keyboard.....and man, they are not second cousins to the P.C. world...not on your life...this is getting fun! 

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Depends, It's ranged from 4 to 5 yrs for thier flagship model. And with this recent release they did the high end X and a lower tier one , S model

Semper Fi 

I like the concept of the Xbox version but for me there are a few issues.

Xbox won't support my monitor in native resolution - 3440x1440.

Xbox won't support my Track IR.

Xbox won't my Elgato Streamdeck.

Xbox won't support my VKB stick and rudders.

VKB won't support my Virpil throttle.

Ultimately, depending on your current set up, there may be a number of concessions to be made.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

2 minutes ago, joec63 said:

Depends, It's ranged from 4 to 5 yrs for thier flagship model. And with this recent release they did the high end X and a lower tier one , S model

Do they have any kind of discount or buyback program, so that 4 or 5 years later you can buy a new one for a little less $$$ ?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Donka said:

I like the concept of the Xbox version but for me there are a few issues.

Xbox won't support my Track IR.

Xbox won't my Elgato Streamdeck.

Xbox won't support my VKB stick and rudders.

VKB won't support my Virpil throttle.

Ultimately, depending on your current set up, there may be a number of concessions to be made.

There are , it's not for everyone. Like I said it's a good low entry cost  (relatively) 2nd second option if you dont want to go all out on a PC.  Especially with the inflated GPU prices.

Edited by joec63
  • Upvote 1

Semper Fi 

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not available, when I looked..

Where, oh you mean ones in stock?  ...yeah...I have a paid order  reserve in, for when it comes back into stock...will be notified.  But they are released for sure!  It is a store pick up only, You can't order them from the on-line warehouse. You might with the S version, but that I did not check or look for....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Im also tempted to get a XBOX my local bestbuy was sold out . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

Do they have any kind of discount or buyback program, so that 4 or 5 years later you can buy a new one for a little less $$$ ?

Gamestop (US) usually does a trade in thing when new consoles are released. 

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

Question for the xbox x experts wallyworld (walmart) has a “black edition “ xbox for almost 900$ what is this ???? 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

10 minutes ago, Donka said:

Can you point out where you were apprised  of this?  Thanks!   I have that resolution in front of me right now, but will be mostly using this on my 4K 60 inch flat screen, and I also have an older 1080P 27 inch monitor as back up.🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just now, rtodepart said:

Question for the box experts wallyworld (walmart) has a “black edition “ xbox for almost 900$ what is this ???? 

Just my guess as I've seen Walmarts website and it has a lot of "3rd Party Content"  I would guess someone trying to scalp a Series X.  There is no official Black version that I'm aware of. 

Just be careful on what you buy anywhere when it's not a normal distribution channel.  Should be Series X , not a Xbox one ( Released in 2013)

Semper Fi