Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Whats wrong with the download times?

Hi,

I decided to reinstall MSFS once more to get that vanilla smell back. So far so good...

But whats wrong with the DL times? The whole thing is about 120GB now, my DL speed shows 20 to 25MB per second. Gues what? My download runs for almost 30 hours now and i am about 75 percent in.....I know its not just the download itself and it is unpacking and installing in between those packages....but seriously? Where is all the time gone? It doesnt need a master in maths...

Best regards and so on.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Maybe the Servers about all the Newcomer that Xbox Brings in ??

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just now, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

But why does it state a good DL speed then?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

But why does it state a good DL speed then?

Sorry i have no clue, but i heard also from a frend the DL time takes a realy long time..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Sorry i have no clue, but i heard also from a frend the DL time takes a realy long time..

cheers 😉

Cheers, Gruß nach Stuttgart.^^

2 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

They must be different servers than XBox ones, because with my PC Game Pass yesterday and today I could download other games using my bandwidth (500 MBit/s) fully.

The problem with MSFS is also that the download is interrupted hundreds of times to decompress every single package at once. 

Also, even when you think it's over and finally enter the game, you have to download additional 37+ GB from Profile - Content Manager, although no banner or popup appears to remind you to do so. 

Many people do not download the scenery packages after the World Updates and post on the forums to complain about missing POIs.

MSFS installation process is really tortuous, I wonder why they could not make it as simple as all the other games.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

41 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Cheers, Gruß nach Stuttgart.^^

Jo, Grüsse zurück ! 🤗

cheers 😉

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Hi,

I decided to reinstall MSFS once more to get that vanilla smell back. So far so good...

But whats wrong with the DL times? The whole thing is about 120GB now, my DL speed shows 20 to 25MB per second. Gues what? My download runs for almost 30 hours now and i am about 75 percent in.....I know its not just the download itself and it is unpacking and installing in between those packages....but seriously? Where is all the time gone? It doesnt need a master in maths...

Best regards and so on.

The original release downloaded at about 100mbps. Subsequent releases began throttling to about 20mbps.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

11 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

The original release downloaded at about 100mbps. Subsequent releases began throttling to about 20mbps.

Sure. But even at 20mbps it seems suspiciously long....

It seems to be the thing with MSFS, took me overnight to install the latest SU5 upgrade.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

32 minutes ago, Chock said:

It seems to be the thing with MSFS, took me overnight to install the latest SU5 upgrade.

Its a real pain...just finished the base installation after almost 35 hours of downloading....now lets see what the content manager hast to offer 🤓

• Upvote 1

Oj 

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Its a real pain...just finished the base installation after almost 35 hours of downloading....now lets see what the content manager hast to offer 🤓

Oh my gawd, you're gonna love that part. That one took me ages too. 😮

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Oj 

Oh my gawd, you're gonna love that part. That one took me ages too. 😮

Come oooon! 😄

I re installed about 9:30 this morning (Mid US) funny thing is, I rarely get over 12MB\sec, but with this reinstall on the large files I was flying along at 98mb\sec. I have a 100 mbit connections. (I almost fainted) small files only had time to crank up to about 20mb\sec. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

19 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I re installed about 9:30 this morning (Mid US) funny thing is, I rarely get over 12MB\sec, but with this reinstall on the large files I was flying along at 98mb\sec. I have a 100 mbit connections. (I almost fainted) small files only had time to crank up to about 20mb\sec. 

My observation was that download speeds decrease with time. I usually start at around 25 mbps and end up at around 6-7 mbps after one or two hours. During the last installation festival i had the DL to stop completely twice until restarting the PC.