Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

"Hello! The team is working on communication and will post as soon as we can - we are currently triaging and/or discussing the biggest issues we are seeing reported (LOD Pops, Temperature altitude fix not working, CTDs, installation issues, etc.). We acknowledge this post as well as the others seeking communication and please know we are in progress. Thanks!"

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/why-the-silence-ms-and-asobo/434132/168 

EDIT:  Corrected the link.  Thank you Zangoose!

Edited by Gregg_Seipp
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 3

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I couldn't see that post in the thread you have linked but I have spotted it in the bottom of this closed thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/why-the-silence-ms-and-asobo/434132/168 if anyone wanted to see the actual post.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Just now, Zangoose said:

I couldn't see that post in the thread you have linked but I have spotted it in the bottom of this closed thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/why-the-silence-ms-and-asobo/434132/168 if anyone wanted to see the actual post.

Thank you!  I must have grabbed the wrong one.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Very appreciated update, times like these they need to keep us informed pretty often..

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

Very appreciated update, times like these they need to keep us informed pretty often..

To be fair, compared to a lot of dev teams they are very good with communication.   With all the word not allowed being talked about them since SU5 i wouldn't blame them for never talking to the "community" again.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

I do hope they get this sorted. This morning I could start a flight and finish it. Now, with the same config, I cannot even get it loaded.......CTD..... bizar!

Edited by phmcr

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

So the community manager burries this cryptic reply at the end of a long thread on the forums? Don't they have a communications person with enough sense to make its own post or official release for something so significant? So strange. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

18 minutes ago, The Moose said:

To be fair, compared to a lot of dev teams they are very good with communication.   With all the word not allowed being talked about them since SU5 i wouldn't blame them for never talking to the "community" again.

Maybe flight sim Devs, but compared to a lot of other gaming/simulation Devs Asobo are very poor at communication in my opinion. They've not learnt from past mistakes (remember the Flaps issue and the silence surrounding it!), sure the Q&As are all good but direct communication when it's needed is not good enough and I've certainly seen much much better elsewhere.

• Like 6

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Good to know.

there was also one post which describes the reason for different opinions about "decreased visuals" very well imo.

"... there are multiple reasons that someone might not have noticed them -

1. if you were previously playing on low/medium settings
  2. if your display is less than 1440p. Playing on a resolution lower than this, there’s a good chance that you won’t have noticed the absolute shambles that anti-aliasing is now
  3. if you only fly at very low altitudes - much less likely to notice pop in and culling
  4. some people are just less sensitive to graphical changes
  5. ...

There’s plenty of other reasons as well, but these are the main ones I think"

• Like 7

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I really hope they are fully aware of the issue above of graphic settings and other settings not saving properly! That is a big one also.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

I really hope they are fully aware of the issue above of graphic settings and other settings not saving properly! That is a big one also.

Have to believe they have somone reading and documenting this board, Reddit, and the MSFS forum at a minimum

Semper Fi 

Have they acknowledged that trees are back to being as bad as they were at launch? Every metropolis looks like it has been abandoned for 50 years and is overgrown with gigantic forests.

• Like 5

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Blows my mind that they don’t have some form of announcement in its own post, easily attainable by the community, even if to be only a one liner. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Good to know.

there was also one post which describes the reason for different opinions about "decreased visuals" very well imo.

"... there are multiple reasons that someone might not have noticed them -

1. if you were previously playing on low/medium settings
  2. if your display is less than 1440p. Playing on a resolution lower than this, there’s a good chance that you won’t have noticed the absolute shambles that anti-aliasing is now
  3. if you only fly at very low altitudes - much less likely to notice pop in and culling
  4. some people are just less sensitive to graphical changes
  5. ...

There’s plenty of other reasons as well, but these are the main ones I think"

Well I guess I fall into 3 of 4 categories (mostly medium settings with 1080p and compared to what FSX graphics were, I can take just about anything).  😉

Now, I do want my planes to work properly again and not have multiple CTDs a day (none in flight, fortunately but it does take me two times to load up a flight many times).