Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

There is more to the visual degradation than they say and it's not just LOD. It's hard to put into words but there has been a distinct loss of vibrancy and lighting complexity. The world looks much flatter, duller and less real. Shadows, light reflections and lighting subtlety seem to have been simplified and I am left looking at a child like painting compared to a photograph.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

There is more to the visual degradation than they say and it's not just LOD. It's hard to put into words but there has been a distinct loss of vibrancy and lighting complexity. The world looks much flatter, duller and less real. Shadows, light reflections and lighting subtlety seem to have been simplified and I am left looking at child like painting compared to a photograph.

You're spot on the money with this. One thing that seemed to immediately stand out to me the first time I loaded in were the trees looking very different and thinned out, like they'd been on hunger strike. It could be a side effect of the sharpening effect though. Especially at distance, even if you increase LOD, the trees will be quite thinned out as opposed to what they were.

Lighting 100% was nerfed also... volumetric lighting as we can all see is just gone, and personally on my DC-6 the last few flights I cannot see my nav lights nor my beacon light operating. I am 150% certain these were working and visible before.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

"Hello! The team is working on communication and will post as soon as we can - we are currently triaging and/or discussing the biggest issues we are seeing reported (LOD Pops, Temperature altitude fix not working, CTDs, installation issues, etc.). We acknowledge this post as well as the others seeking communication and please know we are in progress. Thanks!"

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/why-the-silence-ms-and-asobo/434132/168 

EDIT:  Corrected the link.  Thank you Zangoose!

Only took what, 8 days? I wonder if they spent that time working on the wording. 

15 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Only took what, 8 days? I wonder if they spent that time working on the wording. 

what's a good amount of time to gather a list of issues and send out a small piece of text saying we know about this and we are working on it ?? 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

55 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

what's a good amount of time to gather a list of issues and send out a small piece of text saying we know about this and we are working on it ?? 

They knew about these issues well before last Tuesday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

There is more to the visual degradation than they say and it's not just LOD. It's hard to put into words but there has been a distinct loss of vibrancy and lighting complexity. The world looks much flatter, duller and less real. Shadows, light reflections and lighting subtlety seem to have been simplified and I am left looking at a child like painting compared to a photograph.

I agree to 100%

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, lownslow said:

You're spot on the money with this. One thing that seemed to immediately stand out to me the first time I loaded in were the trees looking very different and thinned out, like they'd been on hunger strike. It could be a side effect of the sharpening effect though. Especially at distance, even if you increase LOD, the trees will be quite thinned out as opposed to what they were.

Lighting 100% was nerfed also... volumetric lighting as we can all see is just gone, and personally on my DC-6 the last few flights I cannot see my nav lights nor my beacon light operating. I am 150% certain these were working and visible before.

My HDR is no longer available.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

2 hours ago, lownslow said:

Yes, SU5 broke things on the DC6. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

The world looks much flatter, duller and less real.

Strongly disagree. World looks much closer to real life, at all times of day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

20 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Strongly disagree. World looks much closer to real life, at all times of day.

I accept that it might just be something I will get used to. I looks better to me if I turn down the gamma a bit but that then affects other programs as well.

6 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Have they acknowledged that trees are back to being as bad as they were at launch? Every metropolis looks like it has been abandoned for 50 years and is overgrown with gigantic forests.

Do you have 4 Seasons installed? Bijan has just issued an update: 

"A typo in a number caused some trees to become massive.

This only effected Summer N. winter Season"

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I do have to say that for me  the outside world colors looks more realistic now the “Polaroid” look is gone …

This now looks more like what you see when looking outside the ac Windows.

Regarding shadows, light reflections and lighting I did not notice a difference yet, but haven’t paid any attention to that.

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I do have to say that for me  the outside world colors looks more realistic now the “Polaroid” look is gone …

This now looks more like what you see when looking outside the ac Windows.

Hmm - it feels like I have heard this sort of discussion before...relating to some other simulation program... if I could only remember... 🤔

What issues?

No CTDs (I had a couple of CTDs when the sim booted into the "checking for updates" screen, since the hotfix these are gone), controls work fine. Performance much improved. Load times are much improved also.

Yes, the clouds are blockier (and pixelated at the edges), and then there is the occasional pop-in.

Keep up the good work Asobo/Microsoft, and (mostly) ignore the incessant complaining by a vocal minority.

Most important issue to me is: continued work on the G 1000 NXi and the G 3000.

As I posted in another thread: I took off from Biarritz, France,  and the city and the ocean looked exactly like I remember from the many flights I took there as a passenger.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What issues?

No CTDs (I had a couple of CTDs when the sim booted into the "checking for updates" screen, since the hotfix these are gone), controls work fine. Performance much improved. Load times are much improved also.

Yes, the clouds are blockier (and pixelated at the edges), and then there is the occasional pop-in.

Keep up the good work Asobo/Microsoft, and (mostly) ignore the incessant complaining by a vocal minority.

Most important issue to me is: continued work on the G 1000 NXi and the G 3000.

#Sigh

Just because you're not affected doesn't mean they don't exist, he'res a list of VR issues introduced with SU5:

• Anti Aliasing in menus
  • Anti Aliasing on in flight tool bar and screens
  • Regression on sharpness of the cockpit using Render Scaling
  • Clouds on Ultra looking the same as Medium in SU4
  • Mouse pointer issues where it’s harder to turn knobs, click buttons than in SU4
  • Potential issue with a laggy mouse in cockpit
  • Even worse washed out image in SU5 than before (which was already bad)
Edited by MarcG
  • Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)