Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

14 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm just waiting for the news about the hotfix/patch/update, at least for the CTD issues and compatibility issues with many addons. I think they have to solve this ASAP, like within days, because for many PC users the sim is unusable.

Especially if your doing any development like freeware addons. I mean it CAN be done, we can edit the XML, we can workaround the constant restarts required to keep things in check, but in this case WE is ME and I don't want to deal with the frustration. I'm afraid if I get back into the dev mode too deeply, it may leave a sour taste and introduce a discontinuity to my effort. It's probably a different story for someone doing it as a real job, but that's beyond fun and games, that is about bringing home the bacon.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

The focus on graphical presentation is completely understandable and justified but many of us would also like back the sweet working control interactions we had before SU5.  Hoping that missing toggle actions / button mappings / axis problems that manifested at latest release will be cured. 

Hopefully that will fall into the "etc." part of the Dev team comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

#Sigh

Just because you're not affected doesn't mean they don't exist, he'res a list of VR issues introduced with SU5:

• Anti Aliasing in menus
  • Anti Aliasing on in flight tool bar and screens
  • Regression on sharpness of the cockpit using Render Scaling
  • Clouds on Ultra looking the same as Medium in SU4
  • Mouse pointer issues where it’s harder to turn knobs, click buttons than in SU4
  • Potential issue with a laggy mouse in cockpit
  • Even worse washed out image in SU5 than before (which was already bad)

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

You are posting this in the very same thread where (by quote) Asobo/Microsoft acknowledged all those issues that you say don't exist? How stupid is that?

2 hours ago, badger2000 said:

I love message that starts "what issues" that then goes on two name two they've identified already 😂

Come on guys you should know by now, as someone said in the P3D forums "every forum has/needs a Ricardo"

Just one of countless gems...This was about Orbx LOWI

"Default and premium versions that come with the core sim are enough for me. How much time do you really spend studying logos on hangar doors?" yer its just logos they add. Just read am smile 🙂. If someone thinks this hanger is just logos on doors or cannot see the huge upgrade this airport adds and to the area around it, do you really think they the best to see whats going on in the sim? Come on guys just smile.....thats all I do. 🙂 and then...wait for it......He has now said he bought LFBZ? why?...you could not make it up really....perhaps the logos are good on hangers at LFBZ

5f3374e24b832-400x225.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Asobo are making EA and Ubisoft seem like human beings. 

I wouldn't go that far....yet...they all seem to be chasing the money over communication and quality these days

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Here, the overall image is pretty washed out, lacks contrast. Especially the cockpit panel. I don't know how anyone can say that looks good or realistic. It doesn't at all.

image.png

That's how my JF Pipers looks like in HDR, washed out without contrast, and the whole scenery have a thin layer of haze, but it is even worse in SDR mode, they have to fix this.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

That's how my JF Pipers looks like in HDR, washed out without contrast, and the whole scenery have a thin layer of haze, but it is even worse in SDR mode, they have to fix this.

Yes, most definitely. I cannot fly with the sim looking like this. It's a mess!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The washed out look is really horrible to my eyes. I'm not a huge eye-candy fan but this is a deal breaker for me personally.

I use a 4k TV that doesn't have real HDR specs although it will accept an HDR signal but looks awful with HDR games, so I keep it set to SDR mode in Windows.

• Like 4

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Agree with the issues reported here and elsewhere.

actually I had something  weird. Yesterday I loaded in to Orbx LOWI in the TBM. I was getting 17fps on taxi and complete blurry mess after takeoff.

I fiddled with the graphics settings as advised, set to a medium, saved, reset to high end and saved again. Suddenly loaded at 50fps to LIPB. Then later on, another flight LIPB-LSGS, also 50-50fps. However CTD on descent… 😓

This morning loaded in to LIPB same rubbish as before, 17fps, scenery all blurry, even after resaving high end settings. Noticed graphics card GTX1080 ti was at 100%.

The sim is currently unstable and unpredictable. I have v few Community mods  - just WT latest G3000, CJ4, and Swiss 10m DEM.

Also switched cold grading to off which definitely improved colours. Good to not have to do this in the config file. P3D is much more configurable in that respect.

It’s good to hear they are looking into this. I do think Asobo are relatively responsive compared to LM for example, and I expect and hope this will therefore get fixed. Meanwhile I will look into taking out health insurance for MSFS related stress…🤢👹👎🏻

To me the game now resembles and feels exactly like Dovetails Flight Sim World. Specially the wrecked bleached lighting and blurry distant scenery. The overhead sun just feels like a giant bright white LED illuminating a plastic model landscape. 

The pain is real looking at my screenshots from SU4, what was....

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

As they have seemd to have recognised the various issues, i think it's only fair to give them time now to rectify things.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

18 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Agree with the issues reported here and elsewhere.

actually I had something  weird. Yesterday I loaded in to Orbx LOWI in the TBM. I was getting 17fps on taxi and complete blurry mess after takeoff.

I fiddled with the graphics settings as advised, set to a medium, saved, reset to high end and saved again. Suddenly loaded at 50fps to LIPB. Then later on, another flight LIPB-LSGS, also 50-50fps. However CTD on descent… 😓

This morning loaded in to LIPB same rubbish as before, 17fps, scenery all blurry, even after resaving high end settings. Noticed graphics card GTX1080 ti was at 100%.

The sim is currently unstable and unpredictable. I have v few Community mods  - just WT latest G3000, CJ4, and Swiss 10m DEM.

Also switched cold grading to off which definitely improved colours. Good to not have to do this in the config file. P3D is much more configurable in that respect.

It’s good to hear they are looking into this. I do think Asobo are relatively responsive compared to LM for example, and I expect and hope this will therefore get fixed. Meanwhile I will look into taking out health insurance for MSFS related stress…🤢👹👎🏻

Keep in mind that when you change the graphics settings, the changes you made in the opt file are restored

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

recognised the various issues

whereas we do not know yet WHICH issues (of the many) they have recognized, do we? But since I have at least no CTDs and just landed at TNCM coming in from KEYW this morning I am a rather happy camper and will wait for the best 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

35 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, most definitely. I cannot fly with the sim looking like this. It's a mess!

Years ago I can remember visiting people with an old CRT TVs, where the picture tube was on its last legs, the picture was horrible, and they thought it looked fine. I think we have some of that going on with observations on this forum about post SU5 graphic quality. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

To me the game now resembles and feels exactly like Dovetails Flight Sim World. Specially the wrecked bleached lighting and blurry distant scenery. The overhead sun just feels like a giant bright white LED illuminating a plastic model landscape. 

The pain is real looking at my screenshots from SU4, what was....

a white dwarf used to be called the sun

17 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Keep in mind that when you change the graphics settings, the changes you made in the opt file are restored

Hi 

thanks that is an excellent point

after setting colour grading and sharpening = 0, I set the cfg file to read only.

Doh!

let’s see if it works now?