Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

I have a quick OT question. How are you guys taking the screenshots? I tried yesterday using the xBox Game Bar but couldn't make it work.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

14 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I have a quick OT question. How are you guys taking the screenshots? I tried yesterday using the xBox Game Bar but couldn't make it work.

SHIFT+WIN+S

In French: why making it simpler when you can make it more complex... 🙂

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

SHIFT+WIN+S

In French: why make it simpler when you can make it more complex... 🙂

I am off to try that, thanks

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

7 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I changed my Key Mapping for the Xbox gamebar to CTRL 1

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

9 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

FWIW, mine is WIN + PrintScreen, may depend on your settings

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

41 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Right, it can be seen more fluently on some textures over others especially when zoomed in. It wasn't noticeable on the Carenado seat I was looking at. Overall, I think we agree, the setting has NO effect outside the cockpit, other than possibly if you zoom in on some wet surface or are very very close to some specialized scenario (but that is hard to prove).

Basically, and in the end, the setting isn't going to help the visuals of the scenery.

Oh God. The despair I can stand. It's the hope I can't when some one posts a fix that turns out to be placebo...

Shift+Win+S worked but the quality leaves alot to be desired pasting it into Paint or Gimp. Colors were all washed out and hazy. Nothing like what I am seeing on my display.

1 minute ago, Mikeingreen said:

Shift+Win+S worked but the quality leaves alot to be desired pasting it into Paint or Gimp. Colors were all washed out and hazy. Nothing like what I am seeing on my display.

Are you running with HDR enabled? This might be why.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

28 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

Windows key and PrtSc here.   Dumps an uncompressed screenshot straight into your Pictures/Screenshots folder.

Edited by The Moose

27 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Should be off, turning it on will reduce the anisotropic filtering effect at the benefit of extra performance. If you turn it on, you are also more likely to get shimmering, it's purely for FPS gain.

I wonder if this is what causes the terrible shimmering I see since SU5. Going to check it tonight when I get home and see what it is set to. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

Are you running with HDR enabled? This might be why.

Yes, HDR is enabled and I have an HDR multimode display. I took a pic with my iPhone of the display. If I can remember what my password is to an image site I will post the comparison shots. They are night and day different. I can see why people not using HDR are having issues.

4 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

They are night and day different. I can see why people not using HDR are having issues.

I used to see much more differences prior between HDR and SDR. (well to be honest, I didn't try HDR since last year because I only use this game in VR). I've just tried it the other day and apart the brightness due to the monitor delivering more in HDR, the tone mapping and the rest was quite similar to me.

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if this is what causes the terrible shimmering I see since SU5. Going to check it tonight when I get home and see what it is set to. 

You can try Texture Filtering at Quality or High Quality.
Trilinear On or Off.

I think Texture filtering might override Trilinear even though it's a separate setting, I forget.

I don't think the Negative LOD Bias has any effect, I believe it is ignored.
Turn anti-aliasing off in Nvidia, but on in MSFS to TAA or similar.

Threaded Optimziation (Auto  - Global)
Triple Buffering: off

Set max frame rate: off (set frame rate in MSFS only)
Low Latency: off

Setup V-Synch in MSFS and disable in Nvidia

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

I am starting to think that the tonemap that asobo released makes all tweaks, tricks futile. Unless they fix it for us, we are bound to buy HDR screens. SDR looks awful compared to HDR, but I understand that some guys are enjoying running medium settings at 60 frames now. 

Edited by Aristoteles

Iñigo Bildarratz

The problem is the HDR still doesn't fix that Haze look I posted earlier. The thing turns from super bright to dull in like 1000 feet difference in elevation, and it's always pretty much the same in every clear sky.

I don't notice that much difference either in HDR, there is some, but it's not the end-all fix. To me the main difference is the LOD and maybe some Anistropic Filtering. I am also playing wtih the Nvidia sharpening filter and disabled MSFS one, but I'm not sure it made much difference, maybe a little.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1