Sign in to follow this  
Cognita

Problems with Just Flight Turbo Arrow

Is anyone having difficulty with the Arrow after SU5? While all my other aircraft operate fine, I cannot control the aileron on the Arrow. There is a huge lag between the time I move the control and the response from the aircraft making it uncontrollable. All the other controls and axis seem to be ok. 

Dan Scott

Are you holding right mouse button to look around? That prevents control inputs since SU5...

Apart from that the Arrow is not yet compatible to SU5.

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Are you holding right mouse button to look around? That prevents control inputs since SU5...

Apart from that the Arrow is not yet compatible to SU5.

This is actually realistic. Apparently if you are in a real aeroplane cockpit and you use the right mouse button to look around instead of using your your eyes or moving your head, the controls don't work.

Having said that it's not true for all parts of an aeroplane interior: At work today, I did actually try to use the right mouse button to look around the hold of a Loganair Embraer 145 which I was unloading, and it didn't work, but I was still able to move my arms and legs etc. I suspect it might be because I didn't actually have a mouse on me because I was in the real aeroplane, but since that was the case I can't say for sure that it would not have worked if I did have a mouse with me, so I had to use my eyes to look around instead. Fortunately, that worked just fine. 🤣 Real aeroplanes are rubbish; they never have any tool tips pop up to tell you what things are.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sounds like what happens to me when I have the state-saving on and start a flight with the autopilot on. Once I turn it off my controls are back to normal.

ZoblebV8 that was it! I do not know why I did not think of this. Thank you!

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Hi,

I tried to fly the Just Flight Piper Warrior II this morning and it was almost impossible!

The pedals didn't work properly, the joystick was very hard to move  and the elevator trim was reversed.

Before SU5 update this bird was flying perfectly!

I didn't try the Arrow, but... I can imagine! 

18 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

I tried to fly the Just Flight Piper Warrior II this morning and it was almost impossible!

The pedals didn't work properly, the joystick was very hard to move  and the elevator trim was reversed.

Before SU5 update this bird was flying perfectly!

I didn't try the Arrow, but... I can imagine! 

John, it sounds like you have the Controller "messed up 'ness" that I had, when I first updated to SU5 and the Hotfix.  Have you tried unplugging all of your Controller USBs (with MSFS not loaded), then plugging them back in..... then launching MSFS and going into your Controller assignments, hitting "Reset" for each, and reassigning / calibrating them.    That's what I had to do.

I don't have any issues with control surfaces in the Arrows / Warrior  (just the usual SU5 broken stuff, like windows, click spots, etc).

Good luck.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The Arrow flies fine on my end.  The cockpit side window no longer opens and you can't release the parking brake within the cockpit (you'll need a keyboard and/or joystick shortcut assigned).  Outside of that the plane flies great. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The Arrow flies fine on my end.  The cockpit side window no longer opens and you can't release the parking brake within the cockpit (you'll need a keyboard and/or joystick shortcut assigned).  Outside of that the plane flies great. 

For me it's the opposite. To release parking brake I have to click on it. If I use the keyboard shortcut it won't release all the way.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have the same issues with the parking brake and window but also can't operate the heating controls. Anyone else had this? 

Another thing, the cockpit is too washed out. The leather dashboard use to be closer to black, it's now a med-light gray.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Impossible for me to fly it.  I've been looking for decent alternatives since SU5 rendered the FBWmod CTDable but controls are all over the place.  On the plus side I seem to be having better luck with the Salty 747 and the CRJs.  If I have SU5 to thank for anything it's getting me out of my comfort zone and trying other birds!

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

For me it's the opposite. To release parking brake I have to click on it. If I use the keyboard shortcut it won't release all the way.

One thing that's constant is SU5 is different for everybody.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 8/2/2021 at 2:59 PM, Chock said:

This is actually realistic. Apparently if you are in a real aeroplane cockpit and you use the right mouse button to look around instead of using your your eyes or moving your head, the controls don't work.

Having said that it's not true for all parts of an aeroplane interior: At work today, I did actually try to use the right mouse button to look around the hold of a Loganair Embraer 145 which I was unloading, and it didn't work, but I was still able to move my arms and legs etc. I suspect it might be because I didn't actually have a mouse on me because I was in the real aeroplane, but since that was the case I can't say for sure that it would not have worked if I did have a mouse with me, so I had to use my eyes to look around instead. Fortunately, that worked just fine. 🤣 Real aeroplanes are rubbish; they never have any tool tips pop up to tell you what things are.

I agree, real airplanes should have a pause button too. This way if you are cross controlling your base to final turn because you overshoot the final, instead of going into an incipient spin into the ground, you could just pause the flight really close to the ground, open the door, and step out. 😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

One thing that's constant is SU5 is different for everybody.

Typical train wreck, cars strewn all over in different directions. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310