Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

What's to look forward to in P3D?

Performance...

I remember the last few years of FS9 after FSX was released...  It was to date still the best performance I had in any sim.  I remember 60FPS locked everywhere I flew regardless of the aircraft I was flying, scenery I was flying into, AI etc etc.  It got to a point where you could literally throw anything you wanted at that sim and it wouldn't budge from pinned at 60FPS and ran for years without a CTD.

That's what I see in the future for P3D (hopefully.)  That ability to load up anything, max every setting and not have to worry about performance ever bogging down.   

I don't see a lot of technological breakthroughs happening in P3D, quite honestly anything graphically at this point would merely be a response to what MSFS has delivered so all they can do is match it graphically,. going to be hard to surpass MSFS graphically but if I had similar graphics in P3D with it's established add-on base with FS9 like performance I'd be a happy camper... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

6 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

what MS usually does promised the world, busted the market and left it in shambles

Very nicely said. 😉

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Hi folks,

Well what's next to come then?

Well I was catching up on future releases for P3D and I see that MK Studios is still working on a number of new sceneries. They are working on the following:

• Porto for v4 and v5. This should be in beta right now. Looking forward to this and probably an instant buy.
  • Next version of Rome for v4 and v5 - expect beta to start anytime now
  • Fuerteventura V2 planned - this is a re-make of their original 2017 version that supported FSX and P3D but latest version is now intended for v4 and v5. There should be a discount for those people that either bought it or registered for it on Simmarket when MK Studios as a kind gesture made it freely available during March 2020.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, 787flyer said:

Next version of Rome for v4 and v5 - expect beta to start anytime now

That one will be nice to have, the old Mega Airport Rome is a nice scenery but getting a little dated & the fact that a number of the Jetways are static bugs me slightly particularly as it tends to mostly be the gates I fly the MD80 out of. Will be a prompt purchase for me when it releases.

• Upvote 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SimeonWilbury said:

That one will be nice to have, the old Mega Airport Rome is a nice scenery but getting a little dated & the fact that a number of the Jetways are static bugs me slightly particularly as it tends to mostly be the gates I fly the MD80 out of. Will be a prompt purchase for me when it releases.

Yes I agree. MA Rome is a bit long in the tooth now (I believe it originally released for FSX/P3D back in 2015 and before that 2013 for the FS2004 version) and there have been many request for updates in the emantime. I believe LIRF is undergoing some Terminal 1 expansion work so may be that will be reflected in the newer version. Hoepfully we will hear more details soon.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

On 9/28/2021 at 2:15 AM, coastaldriver said:

done what MS usually does promised the world, busted the market and left it in shambles

Quite a wordsmith there, CD. You missed your calling. I literally couldn't have said it better myself, which is very difficult for me to admit 🙂

On 10/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, SimeonWilbury said:

All true! However I downloaded a config file for GSX that a user had created for LIRF and he replaced all the static jetways with ones from GSX. You had to delete the jetway .bgl from the original scenery library. His config had a lot of 'noseloader' jetways- I was skeptical, but when I looked at images of the domestic terminals at DaVinci airport, he was right.

Back to the MA Rome topic I mentioned above, MK Studios provided an update recently and unfortunately the proejct is a little delayed due to dev issues with MSFS but the P3d version is pretty much finished.Looks like a small delay but still looking forward to getting a new version of Rome.

https://de-de.facebook.com/mkstudiosfanpage

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

And I just discovered that South World Scenery are still continuing their development of Johannesburg OR Tambo Int'l for both P3D and MSFS.

Some new screenshots appeared on their FB page last week. No details around release date however.

https://www.facebook.com/South-World-Scene-176410579623018/

Note: I purchased their Madagascar scenery recently which looked pretty decent and plan to install it this weekend.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi folks,

Another P3D scenry inbound!

Looks like Orbx is about to release another P3D/MSFS scenery, this time the long awaited LKPR (Prague). Here's the preview.

No mention of an exact release date but must be close.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

On 9/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Chapstick said:

MSFS would have to basically implode for P3D to have a future

That is a non-zero probability IMO. LM have a very profitable product in P3D and I really don't see MSFS moving into the military training market with MSFS.

MS is aiming at a very different market compared with LM and P3D. Maybe MSFS will 'get there' eventually but why would anyone with a decent P3D setup switch? The original promise for MSFS (at least as I understood it) was that it would be a one-stop shop for a decent simulator - good aircraft, ATC, weather, airports etc. but it turns out you will have to pay for all of these because the basics are not good enough for the keen flight simmer.

I could be wrong but I don't think MSFS as a package will be better than P3D with addons for at least 2 years, and life is too short for me to take a big step backwards and open my wallet to MS on the promise of an unknown future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

That is a non-zero probability IMO. LM have a very profitable product in P3D and I really don't see MSFS moving into the military training market with MSFS.

MS is aiming at a very different market compared with LM and P3D. Maybe MSFS will 'get there' eventually but why would anyone with a decent P3D setup switch? The original promise for MSFS (at least as I understood it) was that it would be a one-stop shop for a decent simulator - good aircraft, ATC, weather, airports etc. but it turns out you will have to pay for all of these because the basics are not good enough for the keen flight simmer.

I could be wrong but I don't think MSFS as a package will be better than P3D with addons for at least 2 years, and life is too short for me to take a big step backwards and open my wallet to MS on the promise of an unknown future.

I'm not too sure MSFS will "get there". As you said, LM has to concentrate on flight physics and other stuff that needs to work for their military training market; Microsoft/Asoso does not. They make the most money with their TopGun/Reno stuff, so why would they change that? I have MSFS and used it quite a lot, but while previously I "only" doubted Asobos ability to accomplish an authentic flight simulator with the necessary tools, I now really doubt their intention (or Microsoft's rather).
[That's for airliner/tubeliner flying mostly, of course, since this is the really "complex" part (accurate realistic and historic weather, , GSX, camera SDK, and of course the study level planes etc. etc.).]

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Another P3D scenry inbound!

Also MK studios (ORBX) released Rovaniemi (EFRO) for P3D today 😀

• Like 1

Dominik

52 minutes ago, Swiss2259 said:

Also MK studios (ORBX) released Rovaniemi (EFRO) for P3D today 😀

Thanks for the heads-up.

I wonder if Santa has filed his flight plan for tomorrow out of EFRO? 🎅

With just under 10,000ft runway, he should just be able to get off the ground with a few feet to spare given he will be heavily laden for his round-the-world flight!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

A new Bangkok would be on my list for sure and Singapore

Iconic Los Angeles as well ,

anyway its a instant bye still 2022.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png