Sign in to follow this  
Holger0815

Comparison shots: SU 4 --> SU 5

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

Looking closer on my setup as well as the screenshots above mountains are indeed more rounded than SU4 no matter what you do with the settings.

Not really if you compare them to my screenshots on page 2 they're still pretty sharp.

Holger is probably suffering the 'settings not sticking' issue. So it's not actually showing at full quality.

Edited by Tuskin38

I have been lucky too as I have had no CTD with SU5. I think the sceneries with some tweak works perfectly for me.

Obviously there are bugs that need to be resolved; pop ins, panning redraws, but overall happy.

AuZSHn7.png

UoEHSwE.png

5kEets2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Honestly, this is nit picking nothing more. I DO prefer SU5 looks in HDR by a mile.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

Has anyone reported the lowered mesh resolution in France to Asobo? 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

19 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

I have been lucky too as I have had no CTD with SU5. I think the sceneries with some tweak works perfectly for me.

Obviously there are bugs that need to be resolved; pop ins, panning redraws, but overall happy.

Would you mind summarizing the tweaks you've made please?

13 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Has anyone reported the lowered mesh resolution in France to Asobo? 

There isn't a lower mesh resolution. look at my screenshots on page 2. His LOD settings just haven't loaded properly I'm guessing because of a bug right that that is failing to save the graphics settings.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

The SU5 shot of the southern US looks like the clouds are now correctly shading the ground, but the cloud/storm formations shown aren’t the same.

Edited by neil0311

14 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Honestly, this is nit picking nothing more. I DO prefer SU5 looks in HDR by a mile.

yeah the only visual issue I have is how bright everything is.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bandyka said:

Honestly, this is nit picking nothing more.

I tend to agree. CTDs are one thing. But I think threads like these go to a different level where folks are just looking for things instead of just enjoying the experience.

It still looks better than FSX or P3D, so even if something has changed, why obsess over it? I know that’s not a popular view.

Control what you can and live with what you can’t control, and know the difference.

Edited by neil0311
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Would you mind summarizing the tweaks you've made please?

config file changes:

Terrain LOD: 400
Object LOD: 400
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 0

And using GeForce experience filter:

CenuP6Z.jpg

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

yeah the only issue I have is how bright everything is now.

Have you tried colorgrading to 0 ?

Also Geforce has some settings that works well with brightness if you use nvidia.

Gaming Laptop:

14 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

I tend to agree. CTDs are one thing. But I think threads like these go to a different level where folks are just looking for things instead of just enjoying the experience.

It still looks better than FSX or P3D, so even if something has changed, why obsess over it? I know that’s not a popular view.

Control what you can and live with what you can’t control, and know the difference.

Yep. this is a stunning sim with constant improvements, sometimes a step back is natural. People are spoiled rotten.

• Like 1

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

51 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

probably governed by the parent company Microsoft.

Rob.

Well said Sir they have wasted so much hard work done by so many free or payware nothing works anymore - something as simple as a non Asobo livery will crash your sim - had tons of freezes and crashes unless your content being used is the out of the box content - sad

Feel for you developers and all of your time invested to be destroyed in one fell swoop

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Well said Sir they have wasted so much hard work done by so many free or payware nothing works anymore - something as simple as a non Asobo livery will crash your sim - had tons of freezes and crashes unless your content being used is the out of the box content - sad

Feel for you developers and all of your time invested to be destroyed in one fell swoop

And it will all be fixed eventually. This is clearly not intentional.

• Like 1