Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Erratic Flight Behavior

Guest StregaFan

Hello to all,I have finally installed FSX. So far it gets about a 75% approval from me, but that is mostly due to being a little lean on the PC side of things.When flying straight and level in a number of different aircraft with no weather, no winds, no nothing, every few minutes or so the aircraft will start gyrating in the air. With the autopilot engaged, the aircraft will sort itself out. When flying hands on, it takes some doing to get the aircraft back to straight and level flight. It's kinda like someone is grabbing the tail and moving it around in circles.At first I was thinking that my older controller could be the source, but in FS9, no problems at all.Many thanks for any and help and ideas.Have a great day!!Lonnie

Guest jonasbeaver

that is a lot closer to flying for realthermals and turbulence feel way more realistic

Same thing happens to me in a real plane, I take off, clear skies, no winds, and I get up in the air and all the sudden I'm being bounced around the sky.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest StregaFan

Thanks for the replies,I'm glad it's not me then. I do remember my first leason many years ago in a C-152. It was the first and only time I've been in a 152, it seemed like the wind had more control of where we went than we did. But it was quite fun.Thanks again for the replies,Lonnie

Admin's Note: Posts intended to bait, flame or troll are not allowed.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tingoose

Admin's Note: Posts intended to bait, flame or troll are not allowed.

Could be wind shifts as well, the default weather engine has a tendency for sudden wind shifts that will jerk the plane from side to side. There are a few add-ons that smooth the transitions such as ActiveSky 6.If that's not it then it's as the other posters described, and I agree, very much improved over FS9. In the real world I was in a 757 2 weeks ago coming into KPHL and the turbulence was pretty moderate with sudden jerks and bumps.Sunday this week in FSX I was flying the lear jet into an airport near Anchorage alaska and during the descent and through final I experienced moderate turbulence and I must say, the overall experience with head latency and the jerking of the plane replicated with great accuracy what I felt on that 757. All that was missing was the G's.Ian.

Guest Big Vern

Yes it's quite a cool feature and much more noticeable than in FS9. Probably comes across slightly different sitting "up front" and on a 2D screen than how it feels sitting in the cabin during a bumpy take-off.Also missing is the wife gripping your hand on the armrest!!

If anything, I'd say what I'd call the new turbulence is still too soft. Oftentimes, the jerks I feel in my real plane are quite sharp and sudden, and here, it feels kind of mushy to me, to the point the new head action kind of makes the view loll around.Is there any way to increase the turbulence to make it more jerky?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg