Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Chill On SU5

Ok so alot of stuff happened with SU5 but that's because alot of stuff happened.  For myself I'm happy that we are moving forward because it suks when we don't. 

Some of my controls are broke now but I will stay the course until they are fixed.

if you can't enjoy the sim try a bushtrip.  Lots of fun with the kids.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

13 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Ok so alot of stuff happened with SU5 but that's because alot of stuff happened.  For myself I'm happy that we are moving forward because it suks when we don't. 

Some of my controls are broke now but I will stay the course until they are fixed.

if you can't enjoy the sim try a bushtrip.  Lots of fun with the kids.

Cheer

bs

My sentiments exactly.  Life goes on beyond MSFS.  All will be fixed in good time, so read a book or read two books. I have so many hobbies I hardly have time to keep up with half of them. MSFS will be here and hopefully in better than usable condition by the time you get back.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Great to see positive thoughts.  Yes there were issues with SU5, but I still keep coming back to the fact that it's great we finally have a sim with regular updates, and that on average, keeps getting better over time.  Overall I can still fly and have fun.  I already have one hobby (golf) that sometimes makes me mad, I don't need a second 🙂

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yup. Loads of stuff you can do other than flight sims all the time. I've been building yet another guitar these past few weeks and that's fun, looks pretty good too.

If all else fails and you sim is making you miserable by not cranking up or some such, you can always listen to this album I defy anyone to not feel a lot better after having done that. 💜

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

54 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. Loads of stuff you can do other than flight sims all the time. I've been building yet another guitar these past few weeks and that's fun, looks pretty good too.

If all else fails and you sim is making you miserable by not cranking up or some such, you can always listen to this album I defy anyone to not feel a lot better after having done that. 💜

You just made my night! I checked out that link, sounded great for about ten seconds as I noticed the opening live medley from Rush’s R30 tour on the first line of related videos! Lol Threw in my AirPods and started jammin! Wasn’t loud enough so put in the blu ray and have been totally jamming out for a half hour, after a few bongs of course! (All good in Vegas!) what fight sim? This show goes 2:45 with the olympics on another screen. Haven’t seen this in a while. Thanks Chock!! 

• Upvote 1

CCR is good also

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I am flying more than ever now, because the sim is better than ever now. LODs are set to 5.0000 and so now I see no degradation of scenery when flying up high or down low. If you just use the built in menus, things aren't that rosy.

I did not like the controller sensitivities when MSFS first came out, so I modified 'effectiveness' in every plane's flight_model.cfg files. Eventually Asobo / MS put this adjustment opportunity into the game with sliders in Sensitivities (Extremity Dead Zone which exactly the same thing). Without that, I doubt I would be flying at all.

Anyway, I don't have any image degradation at all compared to SU4.

And I'm lucky I guess, that I don't have any CTD's in hours and hours of flying last 3 days.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have P3Dv5, XP11, and DCS to keep me busy. Might even drag out the VR headset.

NAX669.png