Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Guess I'm Lucky

I have i9 10900 Nvidia 1080 running on an SSD. I cannot tell how you how pleased I am with the sim. Ultra vsync 30fps and getting 40+ in the FBW A320 on Steam. I cannot believe it. I noticed a could of times the fps dropped into the middle 20 on landing but went right back up about 4 seconds later. It looks fantastic. I did forget to empty my community folder and delete cashe. I am not going to touch anything at this point. I hate to hear people having major issues. 

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

Based on comments here in Avsim you don't know how lucky you are.  lol

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Going from this poll at least it seems the biggest segment of users is the one that is having the best experience, so maybe not lucky after all:

It's understandable that people not having a good time with it are more actively sharing their frustrations, and that's probably a good thing in the long run.

The regular reactions to reports of good experiences like 'Why are you gaslighting me?!', 'People who are having a good experience should just word not allowed off' (someone said this here yesterday), 'You're trying to deny my experience like Orwell's 1984', 'Microsoft / Asobo are like trying to control us like communists', however, I can do without.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Same here I usually fly in Australia only but I tried an airport that would bring my PC to it's knees Chicago O'Hare but now on ultra I'm at 35- 40 frames occasionally dipping but dead smooth, same in new York I have an I7 8700k with 1080ti 64 GB ram

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Going from this poll at least it seems the biggest segment of users is the one that is having the best experience, so maybe not lucky after all:

The old 80/20 rule. It’s very often the case that 20% of the users have 80% of the issues, and those 20% are usually the most vocal.

• Like 1

Just complete first ATC flight FBW A320 no CTD. No issues other a few times it looked washed out but usable.

Chris Chiozza

I had two CTD's, but after the hotfix, everything seems OK. I have flown only a few times since the upgrade, mostly in France and Belgium and, apart from the oversaturated colours of the fields, everything looks great. I read in another avsim forum post of someone who flew in the San Francisco Bay area, starting in NAPA County Airport and flying south across the bay. I first saw the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance from around San Rafael, just the two towers, and the rest of the bridge structure gradually came into view as I got closer, which I believe is the usual experience. When I got to San Francisco (which was detailed and quite beautiful) I looked to the left across the bay and saw the city of Oakland in what seemed to me as the usual detail, where the previous forum post said the city looked like a desert.

In general, after the hotfix, I am having no trouble with SU5.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Some of that might be the load on the server due to all the new Xbox players, so they are seeing a throttling effect at times. That said, there are some minor LOD and graphical issues that have been confirmed, but some editing in the UserCfg helps a bit. How much it helps may depend on quite a few complicated factors. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Who you gonna believe? The contingent of avsimmers with issues or your lyin' eyes? 😄

Also, keep in mind that the majority of simmers who are not experiencing issues, or are aware of issues but don't feel the need to burst into tears because of some supposed backstabbing pleasing the XBox crowd thing that goes on behind their backs, are a) simply enjoying the sim and/or b) just don't have the inclination to post here because they'll be immediately set upon by the bloodhounds of negativity who wish to escalate to management every time Asobo drops a pixel.

I've done more flights per week since the update and hotfix dropped than in any previous week before SU5. Simply, because the sim is much more fluid and smooth for me, and doesn't take a trip to the grocery store's worth of time to load.

• Like 1

I know it won't please some folks over here, and I am sincerely upset for them, but I am so satisfied with the SU5!
No more stutters at all, and the superb graphics make me happy as never before with a recreational simulator.

This is with Ultra settings and LOD@4.
udrOtF.png

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

17 hours ago, cchiozza said:

I have i9 10900 Nvidia 1080 running on an SSD. I cannot tell how you how pleased I am with the sim. Ultra vsync 30fps and getting 40+ in the FBW A320 on Steam. I cannot believe it. I noticed a could of times 

If I were you I would play the lottery 🙂 

Rich Sennett