Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar and Vista

Guest bjablonka

Thank you very much John. Where did you send it to?

I emailed it to your forum Mailbox.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>I was at Frugal's the other day and saw that bad word "Vista">mentioned. Cougar drivers aren't WHQL'd so you may have to>horsewhip the install, if you don't install the drivers you>will just get a "standard" joystick and throttle - no buttons.>Check out Frugal's forum.That'sa nodda to gooda!I think I will stay with WXP. I see no reason for Vista. Dx10 capabilities could have been put into WXP.

Anyone know of any good TM Cougar sites now that Frugal's is off line???

Brian Murphy

Murf7413,Try this website on how to install the "Vista 64 bit" driver for the Cougar:http://cubpilotshangar.net/page105.htmlI was able to successfully install my cougar on a Win 7 64-bit system. Here is another site you can refer to for installing the Foxy software:http://www.cougar.flyfoxy.com/updates.phpYou may want to somewhat ignore the instructions on the Cougar driver and focus on how to install Foxy. There are some steps you need to follow (read and you will figure it out). I have discovered some of the Foxy tools (.exe apps) may not work. But the Foxy editor and one of the joystick analyzers does.Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Murf7413,Try this website on how to install the "Vista 64 bit" driver for the Cougar:http://cubpilotshangar.net/page105.htmlI was able to successfully install my cougar on a Win 7 64-bit system. Here is another site you can refer to for installing the Foxy software:http://www.cougar.flyfoxy.com/updates.phpYou may want to somewhat ignore the instructions on the Cougar driver and focus on how to install Foxy. There are some steps you need to follow (read and you will figure it out). I have discovered some of the Foxy tools (.exe apps) may not work. But the Foxy editor and one of the joystick analyzers does.Bill
Thanks Bill!!!It's a shame Frugal's went away and Cougar World is so out of date... I would LOVE to see them come back, They were a world of info for Cougar users!!! I am breaking mine out of mothball's as my XP 64bit OS took a dump so I have to go to the (I am sorry to say) Vista OS I had lying around (Need to get Win 7 :( ) But at least now I can use my Cougar again with the Vista 64bit (no drivers for XP 64)... But, now I have to relearn how to set it up and so on, and Frugal's was a godsend for that!!!! Will give these other sites a look see.. I like Cubpilot's... used to be a regular visitor there. :( Murf

Brian Murphy

Try this, it is the Frugal stuff on Nutty's site:http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Try this, it is the Frugal stuff on Nutty's site:http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/
Yeah... almost camping out there... But unfortunately, I am getting the STTubeDevice203.dll error.... and the CCP won't run. Trying to figure out what to do. I have follow the steps exactly to the letter on CubPilot's site, as I figured it wouldn't be much different from setting it up on Win 7.... to know avail.Would be REAL nice to get this thing up and running, and this is the ONLY day I have to do so... at least not for another week!!!

Brian Murphy

I have ordered a Hotas Cougar to replace my old TQS/FLCS combo.- In the meantime and waiting to receive my order, I went to the Thrustmaster site and downloaded all the relevant software.- I found there it is a most recent aplication named TARGET which I think it replaces FOXY, I would like to have this confirmed and if afirmative, its advantages.-I read also that the Cougar doesnt work with the CH pedals USB at games as Falcon 4 which only recognize one device, without some special custom wiring, is it so ?.-I saved my old CH Gameport pedals, should they work at Falcon 4 ?ThanksJorgeWindows 7 64 bits

I'm using foxy on w7-64. It should come w/ the cougar box compatible w/ the OS, works fine.I have a gameport pedals that I converted to USB, works for FSX and DCS A10 with the cougar but haven't used F4AF in a while so can't recall. Don't think w7 supports gameport anymore.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS