Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Original pre-launch videos vs. current state?

Lots of things were shown/promised in the official pre-launch development and feature videos.

Which features shown in these original videos are still incomplete or missing?

3rd party fixes/solutions/addons do not count toward resolving incomplete/missing features.

Note: I tried adding a poll - can forum members add to the poll answers?

Edited by turner112
  • Upvote 1

Please! For gods sake! Not again one of these posts!

Calm down and go flying!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

29 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Calm down and go flying!

If you know of a post that asks the same question, please point me in that direction...
I honestly don't know - I haven't flown since last September, and the posts are too numerous to answer directly.

FYI I would have kept flying if the instrument capabilities & features were there, which they weren't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, turner112 said:

If you know of a post that asks the same question, please point me in that direction...
I honestly don't know - I haven't flown since last September, and the posts are too numerous to answer directly.

FYI I would have kept flying if the instrument capabilities & features were there, which they weren't.

Just read through the forum. Its full of posts of that kind.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Just read through the forum. Its full of posts of that kind.

As noted, the posts are too numerous. Much more efficient to ask people who know than to try to weed through everything hoping to find a current/definitive answer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turner112 said:

As noted, the posts are too numerous. Much more efficient to ask people who know than to try to weed through everything hoping to find a current/definitive answer.

It isn't 'more efficient' to ask people who've been asked the same thing over and over again for the last seven days.

2 minutes ago, idloveit said:

It isn't 'more efficient' to ask people who've been asked the same thing over and over again for the last seven days.

It is certainly more efficient if they know any answers & provide them. Far more efficient than weeding through unrelated commentary.
I don't know what the "last seven days" has to do with a question whose subject dates back a year, other than maybe that's around when the last update came out. But I'm not speaking specifically about the last update.

If people don't want to provide any insight, or don't know the answers, that's ok. I'm patient, which is why I'm still hoping for good news. I'll find out eventually, probably piecemeal, though not as efficiently as finding out from those able/willing to answer.

To date I haven't found this specific comparison (original promoted features vs. currently available native features). If you know of one, please share.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Calm down and go flying!

Seems like you are the one getting excited. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, turner112 said:

Lots of things were shown/promised in the official pre-launch development and feature videos.

Which features shown in these original videos are still incomplete or missing?

3rd party fixes/solutions/addons do not count toward resolving incomplete/missing features.

Note: I tried adding a poll - can forum members add to the poll answers?

Why don't you go back and watch the video frame by frame and make a comparison video of the sim now. Problem solved 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Seems like you are the one getting excited. 

Yes i am excited about SU5 and really enjoying it. Thanks!

Maybe the OP should just give it a go and see for himself whats new and has been or has not been fixed?

• Like 1

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Maybe the OP should just give it a go and see for himself whats new and has been or has not been fixed?

Yeah, well many people are not having a great time with SU5, so there is that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, well many people are not having a great time with SU5, so there is that. 

But everyone can only judge for himself. So asking others for their opinion is quite unsatisfying. You ask ten people, you get ten different results. Best way to find out what the sim is like is to go flying and see for yourself. Isnt it?

• Like 1

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

But everyone can only judge for himself. So asking others for their opinion is quite unsatisfying. You ask ten people, you get ten different results. Best way to find out what the sim is like is to go flying and see for yourself. Isnt it?

Very true. 

12 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I think I'll stick with my outdated version for now thanks.... No reason to downgrade to worse graphics for better performance when performance wasn't even an issue on a laptop from 2017

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

12 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I'm not asking for opinions.

I haven't had the sim since last September. I tried it for the first month on XBOX Live.

Actually, I don't know if I'd be able to re-subscribe for just a month to check it out & "see for myself".

So, I'll go look, though based on the many negative comments around the sim's operation as well as the response of people who would rather fight than answer (assuming, of course, they actually know the answers) I feel like I generally know what I'll find out...

But I'll try to remain optimistic that this will end up differently than Flight.

Edited by turner112
typo