Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Original pre-launch videos vs. current state?

Recommended Posts

Lots of things were shown/promised in the official pre-launch development and feature videos.

Which features shown in these original videos are still incomplete or missing?

3rd party fixes/solutions/addons do not count toward resolving incomplete/missing features.

Note: I tried adding a poll - can forum members add to the poll answers?

Edited by turner112
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Please! For gods sake! Not again one of these posts!

Calm down and go flying!

If you know of a post that asks the same question, please point me in that direction...
I honestly don't know - I haven't flown since last September, and the posts are too numerous to answer directly.

FYI I would have kept flying if the instrument capabilities & features were there, which they weren't.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, turner112 said:

If you know of a post that asks the same question, please point me in that direction...
I honestly don't know - I haven't flown since last September, and the posts are too numerous to answer directly.

FYI I would have kept flying if the instrument capabilities & features were there, which they weren't.

Just read through the forum. Its full of posts of that kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Just read through the forum. Its full of posts of that kind.

As noted, the posts are too numerous. Much more efficient to ask people who know than to try to weed through everything hoping to find a current/definitive answer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, turner112 said:

As noted, the posts are too numerous. Much more efficient to ask people who know than to try to weed through everything hoping to find a current/definitive answer.

It isn't 'more efficient' to ask people who've been asked the same thing over and over again for the last seven days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, idloveit said:

It isn't 'more efficient' to ask people who've been asked the same thing over and over again for the last seven days.

It is certainly more efficient if they know any answers & provide them. Far more efficient than weeding through unrelated commentary.
I don't know what the "last seven days" has to do with a question whose subject dates back a year, other than maybe that's around when the last update came out. But I'm not speaking specifically about the last update.

If people don't want to provide any insight, or don't know the answers, that's ok. I'm patient, which is why I'm still hoping for good news. I'll find out eventually, probably piecemeal, though not as efficiently as finding out from those able/willing to answer.

To date I haven't found this specific comparison (original promoted features vs. currently available native features). If you know of one, please share.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Please! For gods sake! Not again one of these posts!

Calm down and go flying!

Seems like you are the one getting excited. 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel  ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turner112 said:

Lots of things were shown/promised in the official pre-launch development and feature videos.

Which features shown in these original videos are still incomplete or missing?

3rd party fixes/solutions/addons do not count toward resolving incomplete/missing features.

Note: I tried adding a poll - can forum members add to the poll answers?

Why don't you go back and watch the video frame by frame and make a comparison video of the sim now. Problem solved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Seems like you are the one getting excited. 

Yes i am excited about SU5 and really enjoying it. Thanks!

Maybe the OP should just give it a go and see for himself whats new and has been or has not been fixed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Yes i am excited about SU5 and really enjoying it. Thanks!

Maybe the OP should just give it a go and see for himself whats new and has been or has not been fixed?

Yeah, well many people are not having a great time with SU5, so there is that. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel  ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, well many people are not having a great time with SU5, so there is that. 

But everyone can only judge for himself. So asking others for their opinion is quite unsatisfying. You ask ten people, you get ten different results. Best way to find out what the sim is like is to go flying and see for yourself. Isnt it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

But everyone can only judge for himself. So asking others for their opinion is quite unsatisfying. You ask ten people, you get ten different results. Best way to find out what the sim is like is to go flying and see for yourself. Isnt it?

Very true. 


spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel  ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Yes i am excited about SU5 and really enjoying it. Thanks!

Maybe the OP should just give it a go and see for himself whats new and has been or has not been fixed?

I think I'll stick with my outdated version for now thanks.... No reason to downgrade to worse graphics for better performance when performance wasn't even an issue on a laptop from 2017


ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

But everyone can only judge for himself. So asking others for their opinion is quite unsatisfying. You ask ten people, you get ten different results. Best way to find out what the sim is like is to go flying and see for yourself. Isnt it?

I'm not asking for opinions.

I haven't had the sim since last September. I tried it for the first month on XBOX Live.

Actually, I don't know if I'd be able to re-subscribe for just a month to check it out & "see for myself".

So, I'll go look, though based on the many negative comments around the sim's operation as well as the response of people who would rather fight than answer (assuming, of course, they actually know the answers) I feel like I generally know what I'll find out...

But I'll try to remain optimistic that this will end up differently than Flight.

Edited by turner112
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...