Aviat Husky A-1C is released!

46 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

How in the world did you get it for Free?? It shows 14.99

You have to ask it very kindly!!

😄

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I love Cubs in real life and in sims.

I have been flying this one around for an hour or so now. Setting up an instrument panel in AirManager for it.

One weird thing happened, when I pop out the Garmin it is on its side. I will have to check this after a fresh restart of the computer.

I also had a lot of conflicts with my Bravo quadrant, but that is fine now after creating its own profile from scratch, at first I could not release the brakes.

This is a fun plane and framers seems very good, in my 4 year old mid computer, description in signature. I run mostly Ultra and high  after U5. This seems much better than my old mid and high settings before and the frame rate is better than before U5 by at least 20%.

It really is the perfect VFR low flyer. Soon I will try the floats.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

looks fun!  No fatty bush tires?  Will wait for more feedback and for MSFS to clean up their latest issues.  Will hold off an on any new purchases for now.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

35 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

February 2021 was the last time I bought something for this console game. It was around that time when I started smelling something fishy.

And then the PMDG DC-6 came out and the Fenyx A320 was announced. LOL

• Like 1

I’m staying vanilla at this point - to avoid issues with dev problems and updates, but at some point I would definitely add this to the hangar. What’s it like to fly one? Well, I’ve flown a variety of early taildraggers from Cubs to Interstate Cadets. I took a BFR in a HUSKY one year. It was like flying a Cub on steroids! It was one of the smoothest and easiest-to-fly aircraft I ever experienced. A big part of this was the massive power on tap, as compared to older factory types. It’s the only aircraft I ever flew out of my high altitude (6000-7000 msl) environment where I wasn’t really even conscious of the awful density altitude (probably 10,000’ msl or more) of a hot, high altitude day. The biggest difference for me was that it was a complex aircraft, requiring dealing with manifold pressure and and prop speed. The instructor complimented me because he didn’t have to touch the controls through the entire flight. I flew it like I had owned it for ten years. It was that easy to fly. In truth, the Xcub in MSFS feels very similar. I hate to use the word, "feel."  It’s the one major element missing from a sim - but I think you get my drift. You might want to save your dough if you are expecting the Husky to be a very different animal from the Xcub. Of course - it IS a sim bird, so I can’t really say for sure. 

• Like 3

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

If this was available for MSFS, I would be interested in buying it, but I can't buy it for that oversaturated cartoon of a flightsim they are advertising in the video.

What flight sim was that?  :mellow:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, Bosco19 said:

I’m staying vanilla at this point - to avoid issues with dev problems and updates

Out of curiosity, how many of your community addons are utilities? 

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If this was available for MSFS, I would be interested in buying it, but I can't buy it for that oversaturated cartoon of a flightsim they are advertising in the video.

Come on, we know you'r better than this 🙃 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Come on, we know you'r better than this 🙃 

Sorry!  I am still stinging a bit and let my sarcasm get the better of me.

My screenshots were getting hard to distinguish from real life before SU5.  Now, with the new lighting, I am struggling to get back somewhere near.

I am now trying with the Nvidia experience panel. It is better, but I think something else, some other quality, has also changed along with how the clouds look.

My dilemma is, do I keep trying to tweak it?  Or will they change it back?

The Husky will probably hit my hangar once I get my enthusiasm back.

How about you? Anything in the pipeline.  Or secret? :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry!  I am still stinging a bit and let my sarcasm get the better of me.

My screenshots were getting hard to distinguish from real life before SU5.  Now, with the new lighting, I am struggling to get back somewhere near.

I am now trying with the Nvidia experience panel. It is better, but I think something else, some other quality, has also changed along with how the clouds look.

My dilemma is, do I keep trying to tweak it?  Or will they change it back?

The Husky will probably hit my hangar once I get my enthusiasm back.

How about you? Anything in the pipeline.  Or secret? :biggrin:

If you hanged around the MSFS forum you'd know 🙂 Nieuport 17. 🤭

And yes, i had zero problems with SU5 and usually preach how good it is, but the cloud feels strange sometimes. You can kinda see a repeating texture pattern sometimes. its hard to pinpoint, but something is up for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

If you hanged around the MSFS forum you'd know 🙂 Nieuport 17. 🤭

And yes, i had zero problems with SU5 and usually preach how good it is, but the cloud feels strange sometimes. You can kinda see a repeating texture pattern sometimes. its hard to pinpoint, but something is up for sure. 

Ah yes the Nieuport.  I recognise that wing brace anywhere  (was in your teaser picture if I remenber)  :biggrin:  That will be a blast!

SU5 is fast and stable for me now. Grateful for that. Just hoping to get even half way back to SU4 visuals if we can.  The lighting is subjective, but I am hoping some of the rest is a mistake or unintended changes.  If not, we will have to live with it I guess. 

The aircraft models still look great though for sure! :smile:

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

😄

It is another joint venture with Paramount ! 

Actually what strikes me is not the colors but the absence of a cockpit view of the instrument panel !

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I can't ever recall hanging outside a real plane when flying.  Kinka death wish.  Where is the cockpit, gees flick a few switches and set a few dials or something akin to real in your video trailer MS/AS.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3