Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Honeycomb Bravo Issues

On the latest update the Bravo throttle knobs are conflicting. If I select air speed and use the + - knob to scroll the number mine is also updating Altitude? It did not do this before.

Chris Chiozza

There are no throttle knobs on the Bravo, but I guess you mean the autopilot functions?

I did not have a problem with it after the update, but the default settings in MSFS for this thing are wrong in a few places.
The first thing I did when setting up the Bravo is going through the default assignments in MSFS. Besides the problem with the 2nd throttle lever I discovered there are duplicate assignments to (at least) 2 items on the autopilot selector knob (the left one)

That might be the cause of your issue as well.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

20 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

There are no throttle knobs on the Bravo, but I guess you mean the autopilot functions?

I understand the mistake in terminology, but then in regard to throttle knobs what are the two black knobs to the left of the blue knobs?  I know.  They are levers.  But they have knobs on the ends.  LOL

image.png.73a2528fa5f2f7fed7fdbdf10a5fa227.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

49 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I understand the mistake in terminology, but then in regard to throttle knobs what are the two black knobs to the left of the blue knobs?  I know.  They are levers.  But they have knobs on the ends.  LOL

You are complicating things😀
He is complaining about knobs that change airspeed and altitude at the same time so obviously he is talking about the AP selector kn....wait... wait... 💡  Throttle levers also change altitude as well as airspeed, don't they?

Without kidding, perhaps @cchiozzacan explain what he means, but likely it is the AP selector. Perhaps this youtube left dial setup will help you to get it sorted out.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Off topic but I just ordered one of these, should be here in a couple weeks..pretty anxious to try it out!

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks for the help. Yes I was talking about the autopilot plus and minus DIAL? It was assigned 2 times after the update. Its correct now.

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Off topic but I just ordered one of these, should be here in a couple weeks..pretty anxious to try it out!

I have both.
They are very good.

• Like 2

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

14 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

I have both.
They are very good.

Glad to hear, they are not cheap to purchase!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

3 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

You are complicating things😀
He is complaining about knobs that change airspeed and altitude at the same time so obviously he is talking about the AP selector kn....wait... wait... 💡  Throttle levers also change altitude as well as airspeed, don't they?

Without kidding, perhaps @cchiozzacan explain what he means, but likely it is the AP selector. Perhaps this youtube left dial setup will help you to get it sorted out.

Did you fail to see my LOL?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I'm in the US and haven't been able to track down an in-stock Honeycomb Bravo - I've been on back order for months. Can you let me know where you ordered yours?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, argee said:

I'm in the US and haven't been able to track down an in-stock Honeycomb Bravo - I've been on back order for months. Can you let me know where you ordered yours?

Thanks!

Ordered from avworld.ca in Canada, I signed up for a email notification when they get stocked a little while ago and received a confirmation that they are shipping next week..they said they will receive 100 or so starting next week and will start filling orders. I’ll find out if that’s the case or not..BTW avworld is a reputable business known for everything aviation in Canada.  
p.s they aren’t taking orders for the alpha though, as they have no expected shipment anytime soon.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

17 minutes ago, argee said:

Thanks!

Check Sporty's Pilot shop.  https://www.sportys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Honeycomb  It looks like they are in stock.  I had pre-ordered mine a while back.  Love it.  😊

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

They are levers.  But they have knobs on the ends.  LOL

Mine doesn't have knob right now.  I bought a Piper Arrow replacement lever.  😜

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

Check Sporty's Pilot shop.  https://www.sportys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Honeycomb  It looks like they are in stock.  I had pre-ordered mine a while back.  Love it.  😊

Bill

Sporty's shows them backordered until November.

Newegg also shows backordered, but with an in stock date a few days away on this Friday the 6th.  I don't know if that date will hold, but I put an order in.

Edited by Sigwolf
found at Newegg with closer ship date

56 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

Sporty's shows them backordered until November.

That is too bad.  I had to wait a couple of months for mine also.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG