Sign in to follow this  
mazex

The positive side of Xbox roll out

Let's be positive about the fact that the Xbox release is finally done!

I guess a lot of work in the team this year has been focused on getting MSFS to run well on the Xbox with the same code base. With the hard 16 Gb memory limit and rather average GPU by 2021 standards, that must have been a lot of work. And then the plumbing with control schemas, menus, distribution etc. 

So now when it's done I guess that we will see more focus on core bug fixing and implementation of new content like helicopters, gliders etc? Online glider races in Condor 2 are awesome. With the MSFS graphics engine it would be even better as that is what Condor 2 really lacks... 

I am still surprised that they did not implement some AirHauler / Neofly "campaign" engine where you earn money by flying missions to buy new planes...

I am very sure that they in SU6 or 7 will start adding new Ultra+ settings for PC just as other games do that are available both on consoles and PC. Now there has probably been only one focus. And that makes sense... 

Edited by mazex
Spelling
  • Like 4

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

Nothing to be positive about...They rushed things, just like VR. Build a GOOD strong foundation then expand. Sorry but nothing positive. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

I'm trying to be positive but it's getting difficult discovering new bugs the more I use the sim. This really paints a negative impression regarding the X-Box launch and is the main reason why SU5 has been mostly downhill for me.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, mazex said:

I am very sure that they in SU6 or 7 will start adding new Ultra+ settings for PC just as other games do that are available both on consoles and PC. Now there has probably been only one focus. And that makes sense... 

I sincerely wish that you are right. We have had some exchanges about that in another thread . Watch the interview if you have not yet.

The assumption behind your reasoning is that Microsfot has planned to have two lines of products which will diverge one being richer in features than the other. The interview leads rather to think that MS wants an homogeneous product across plateform. SU5 is a direct consequence of stuffing the PC code in the S box. Wait and see (and hope😉).   

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No, I am pretty sure that it will be the same code base as much as possible. Just that they will add support for larger textures, more complex meshes, more objects rendered etc on PCs. Sliders going a bit further 🙂 As it is now I get 90 FPS with Ultra settings. For a next gen game it should hurt to go ultra... Something that you need a PC in two or three years to run good. 

It's rather obvious now when half of the VRAM is not utilized that there must be room for that in high en PCs. Just like in Red Dead Redemption 2 that just got RTX support for PCs. 

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

The Positive side of the rollout is Microsoft will make alot more money. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Positive side of the rollout is Microsoft will make alot more money. 

Top gun 😉 

• Like 1

Regarding use of resources and what i see on my own system, it feels like they made it into an XBox game with the option to play it on the PC to.
If i go full ultra, i manage to get 50% of my VRAM used and around 30% max of normal RAM.
Yes, it tops up the performance but does it run better overall? No !!

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Mine uses very little V ram and Ram now and looks terrible. 

ggyeRJt.png

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine uses very little V ram and Ram now and looks terrible. 

ggyeRJt.png

Yup, the shimmering is awful. What a waste of a 3090 and lots of RAM. 

• Like 3

Being negative won't change anything, I agree with OP.

Time to move on, Asobo will take care of the issues, no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yeah. The few moments I get in this sim before it CTDs on me it is still, beyond a shadow of a doubt, orders of magnitude better looking than anything out there. People unironically stating MSFS looks like FSX can not, under any circumstances, be taken seriously. It is a perfect example of the meme about "never going full r3tard". The main issue now is getting those "word not allowed" CTDs under some kind of "word not allowed" control before people like this old "word not allowed" goes postal. :blink: 

Yeah. I feel better now. Kind of. Now where did my heavy punching bag go...?

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

There is nothing positive about the fact they limited the usage of hardware power  so the sim can run on Microsoft’s flagship toaster. Let’s pray the don’t do a mobile port 

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

I'm still on a Samsung Galaxy S6, should i upgrade?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

15 hours ago, DaWu said:

There is nothing positive about the fact they limited the usage of hardware power

Can you elaborate please, cause my GPU and CPU are being utilized even more.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo