Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

The bug that seems to be flying under the radar...

Quite literally, is the approach turn back bug.  Whereby when you enter an approach into the MCDU the aircraft tries to fly back to the last waypoint you passed rather than to the next one on the approach.  In all the carnage of update 5, it seems to be disappearing from the long list of complaints. 

Has anyone found a workaround/remedy?  I guess it even affects the FBW aircraft?  It is quite honestly immersion killing. 

Oh man I wanted to post about this...it's so irritating...and yes it always happens with me using the FBW mod as well

This is a critical bug which was identified and reported on day one and several hundred articles, bug reports and what-not have been made about it but I assume the producer guy Jorg believes the issue isn't serious enough for him to fix. I myself encountered it approximately 40 times during my IFR flights in Carenado's P44, with both default and modded GNS 530. Porting to Xbox and dumbing down the pc version was more important to him obviously, as it's transpired now.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Actually happened to me an hour or so ago. That drives me bananas. Then you have to fight the aircraft back to a proper AP situation, and don't try to re-acquire the approach again either. You'll be chasing your tail all over the friendly skies.. 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

15 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

Quite literally, is the approach turn back bug.  Whereby when you enter an approach into the MCDU the aircraft tries to fly back to the last waypoint you passed rather than to the next one on the approach.  In all the carnage of update 5, it seems to be disappearing from the long list of complaints. 

Has anyone found a workaround/remedy?  I guess it even affects the FBW aircraft?  It is quite honestly immersion killing. 

I posted about this many times 🙂

This is a workaround: ATC assigns the approach to runway XX via XYZ transition, OK?

As soon as you set the approach and click on execute / tmp insert, immediately click on DIR and set a direct route to waypoint XYZ.

This will fix the autopilot tendency to make a 180 ° and 99% of the times the aircraft will follow the approach path correctly.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It is astounding that a bug like this is still around, one year later. It is absolutely mission critical for a flight simulator... embarrassing for Asobo honestly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lownslow said:

It is astounding that a bug like this is still around, one year later. It is absolutely mission critical for a flight simulator... embarrassing for Asobo honestly.

Agreed...not sure why such critical bug isn't fixed yet

This bug is new in the way, that this now always happens. Previously it happened sometimes.

...and if you fly with ingame ATC. ATC will go nuts if you change anything in the MCDU during flight. That's also a post SU5 bug.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

24 minutes ago, joec63 said:

It's noted on the bug list

Slide3-3.jpg (1280×720) (azureedge.net)

Ahhh as long as it’s on the list….. 😶

Anyways, who cares? Top gun is coming! And this bug doesn’t affect me seeing my house, or exploring the world. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

Isn't this why Working Title was hired? I'm guessing it will be fixed when they implement the overhauled flight plan manager.

• Like 3

Jonathon James

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Ahhh as long as it’s on the list….. 😶

Anyways, who cares? Top gun is coming! And this bug doesn’t affect me seeing my house, or exploring the world. 

Yeah, imagine programming an MCDU with the XBox controller. 

Also, in an interview many months ago Sebastian said that they intentionally made the aircraft "not study level" (which may be an euphemism for "buggy" 🙂) in order not to "steal" business from other developers.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Cannot believe this is still going on. Months ago my frustration boiled over and I just stopped IFR totally. Was looking to get back to it shortly, but since it’s still a predominant issue, I’ll stay away until this gets addressed. Why is this taking so long? I would think this should be near the top of the list of bugs to be fixed. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Yeah, imagine programming an MCDU with the XBox controller. 

Also, in an interview many months ago Sebastian said that they intentionally made the aircraft "not study level" (which may be an euphemism for "buggy" 🙂) in order not to "steal" business from other developers.

Which aircraft in the "history" of flight simulator has ever been study level out of the box. I 've had every version and I can't think of any that fit that descrption.

Semper Fi