Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

How about having passengers and flight crew

Guest rightnumberone

You know what: This right here is where Microsoft totally missed the boat (so-to-speak) with FSX.Now, if every VC came with this co-pilot, do you really think people would be harping on about frame rates?I, for one, think not sir.

Pat,In point of fact FS2Crew actually does work in FSX.We have two FSX versions (747 and 172).As for moving (visible) people, it would be nice but at this point in the FS game it doesn't seem technically possible without significant framerate loss (I'm talking about a whole plane full of moving people, not just one or two).Cheers,Bryan

Oops, my bad, Bryan. I even have the 172 FS2Crew for FSX. Duh. ;)On that note, are you planning to update the ATR, once it's patched to FSX? Just from reading the board on Flight1 they seem to be very busy with it.Pat

Guest cwright

> it doesn't seem technically possible>without significant framerate loss (I'm talking about a whole>plane full of moving people, not just one or two).Bryan, one or two is still infinitely greater than zero! Seriously, I would be interested in any addon that does add realistic animated passengers/flight crew/ground crew. Of course, the user should be able to configure the maximum number of humans to keep acceptable frame rates.Best regards, Chris

Hi Garret,I bet she's a good swimmer;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Big Vern

I believe moving and "interactive" passengers will be a feature in the next gen train sims.I still would have preferred something along the lines of FS Passengers or Airliner Pilot built in as an option to pursue a career, rather than standalone challenges.It would also be nice to set up your own airline network (Yes I know we have Airline 6 for some of that) and devise and fly your timetables. That's the sort of depth I would be looking for, otherwise it is just more of the same. Maybe that will make it into FS11 or FS12.

Guest JohnPaulJones

Microsoft seem to prefer to let 3rd party developers add this kind of "depth" to their "products". Just take a look at the number of addons for Office...

I am all for visable animated (interactive!!) people in FS, it would make it less antiseptic. Everytime I load a flight or land I feel like a plague has hit the airport and everyone is gone!There have been a few games that have the ability to change perspective in them, I don't see why FS has to be any different. The ability to stay in Sim perspectiuve (for the purists) or first person and interact around the airport, man this would add a whole new dimension to AI spotting.Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest firehawk44

The C-130 from Captain Sim has a pilot and engineer but that's an FS9 sim. No animations of course as that would put another unnecessary load on frame rates. Perhaps in 2025....Best regards,Jim

Feeltheres Legacy has a nice attendant as well.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>>Nels>>P.S. Do you think in 2015 we'll laugh at this statement when>FSTSCFS2015 arrives on the shelves? (Flight Sim & Train Sim & Combat FS)Heh-heh, and here I was expecting ACES to also develop a driving sim, then releasing a combo called "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". Back on topic, I must confess that when I did that seaplane mission and picked up the passenger at the dock, I was disappointed when I turned around and saw an empty plane. Actually was hoping it would be a virtual Mr. Gates, that would have been a cool easter egg...