Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

WT G1000 nxi updated

23 hours ago, dga711 said:

Next update will fully support importing custom waypoints and POIs from world map

Sorry to step in but how are you WT guys getting on with the G3X? There's very little progress going on compared to the three other Garmins.

Thank you

Roland

2 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Nope .. Just completed 2 hour flight ..  C172 witrh NXi   ..  all good

AIRAC CYCLE = 2107 revision 4

Yup, I had other issues during vnav, but Navigraph worked fine

1 hour ago, roland said:

Sorry to step in but how are you WT guys getting on with the G3X? There's very little progress going on compared to the three other Garmins.

Please don't hijack the thread, this is about the G 1000 NXi.

Go their "garmin" section in their Discord:

https://discord.com/invite/Fa6w2xK

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Please don't hijack the thread, this is about the G 1000 NXi.

Take it easy Ricardo .. its weekend... 

• Like 2

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

HI guys,

Could some of you do a quick check for my 2 issues I have please. The search didn’t turn out any useful info and I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere so it might be something on my side.

1. Manual COM frequency tuning. The MHz – large knob – is tuning the frequencies only downward. No matter how I turn the mouse wheel, no matter on which side of the knob the cursor is. Same for the PFD and MFD. The kHz – small knob is fine. As all the rest of them.
  2. 1000 to go audio warning. The lack of it. I don’t seem to get the warning tone, and yes I have the altitude preselected. Valid for both climbing and descending. I had this issue with the default and WT G1000 as well, so Im not sure if it is implemented properly in base sim.

And a question for the WT guys. Are you planning to add a kind of “saved state” for NXi sometime down the road? I mean to keep the frequency, course, heading and all of the PFD and MFD settings from a previous flight? Apologize for asking it here as this Discord thing seems to be too  much for my aging brain.

Thanks,

Alex

I don't think altitude callouts are modeled (yet) in the G 1000 NXi. I haven't heard any either. 

36 minutes ago, alex0171 said:

HI guys,

Could some of you do a quick check for my 2 issues I have please. The search didn’t turn out any useful info and I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere so it might be something on my side.

1. Manual COM frequency tuning. The MHz – large knob – is tuning the frequencies only downward. No matter how I turn the mouse wheel, no matter on which side of the knob the cursor is. Same for the PFD and MFD. The kHz – small knob is fine. As all the rest of them.

Did a check for you on both MFD and PFD for COM1 and COM2. Works just fine my side with C172.

Which aircraft are you in ?

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

1 hour ago, alex0171 said:

And a question for the WT guys. Are you planning to add a kind of “saved state” for NXi sometime down the road? I mean to keep the frequency, course, heading and all of the PFD and MFD settings from a previous flight? Apologize for asking it here as this Discord thing seems to be too  much for my aging brain.

The frequency knob only firing downwards is an issue with the modelbehaviors of the plane which is to be fixed by Asobo. But they know about it.

Probably next update the NXI will have settings persistence for brightness and the map settings. The other things will come over time.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, MattNischan said:

Properly vectorized hold entry patterns are coming in the next release, indeed!

-Matt

Excellent

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is VNAV mode with the G1000NXi currently advisory only or is the AP supposed to fly the profile ?

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

Is VNAV mode with the G1000NXi currently advisory only or is the AP supposed to fly the profile ?

VNAV in the G1000 NXi is fully coupled, so should be followed by the AP if you arm VNV.

-Matt

7 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Excellent

In many years of flying have been issued a hold exactly.... zero times 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Just now, MattNischan said:

VNAV in the G1000 NXi is fully coupled, so should be followed by the AP if you arm VNV.

-Matt

Ah, ok it's definitely not doing that for me.... I think I'd better do some reading on how things are supposed to operate and check I understand what's I'm meant to do.

Just now, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

In many years of flying have been issued a hold exactly.... zero times 🙂

I'm talking about holds for approaches...like an RNAV(GPS) approach with a hold in lieu of PT, where being vectored for the approach is not available.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, roland said:

Sorry to step in but how are you WT guys getting on with the G3X?

We're not really working on the G3X at all at the moment (aside to keep it compatible with sim updates). We plan to circle back to it at some point, but no roadmap just now for that.

-Matt

Thank you for your replies.

So the persistent settings and hopefully the altitude callouts are coming sometime later.

This tuning thing is however a bit strange. Forgot to mention that it is in the C172. Currently this is my go to plane to enjoy the scenery for a short VFR hops. So it should work, it was working on the default and WTG1000 for me.

12 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Did a check for you on both MFD and PFD for COM1 and COM2. Works just fine my side with C172.

Which aircraft are you in ?

Not sure about the model issue. I think the models are identical with the default G1000 and it was working fine there. Same for the WT mod. So Im a bit confused here. Dont think I can do anything with it, other then get used to it for now.

12 hours ago, dga711 said:

The frequency knob only firing downwards is an issue with the modelbehaviors of the plane which is to be fixed by Asobo. But they know about it.

Probably next update the NXI will have settings persistence for brightness and the map settings. The other things will come over time.

I will try  some other planes with the NXi to see how it behaves. Will also try to remove it and recheck with the default G1000.

Thanks for your help.

Alex