Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Honecomb Bravo Lights

Since SU5 the lights on my Honeycomb Bravo have stopped working. All the buttons and switches work as they did before but no lights. I downloaded from the AeroSoft website and reinstalled. I can see AFC_Bridge in the community folder and it shows up in Content Manager as Not Installed.

Not as big a deal as the CTDs and other issues with the update and hotfix but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Richard

I had the same issue however just moved that file out of comm folder, started the sim.  Shut down, then put the file back in comm folder.  Restarted the sim and all was back to normal.

Hopefully this helps you.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Sorry, that didn't fix it for me. Content Manager still sees it but shows it as NOT INSTALLED.

26 minutes ago, rwalls said:

Sorry, that didn't fix it for me. Content Manager still sees it but shows it as NOT INSTALLED.

This was posted by one of my members in my Discord Server and worth a try:

I Fixed this issue on my computer (MS Store install) and here is how I did it.

1. Make sure your Bravo throttle is plugged in then go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall "Aerosoft's - Honeycomb - MSFS"

2. go to "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

3. Delete file "exe.xml"(edited)

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

The exe.xml file is probably messed up.  Every time I've installed it, aerosoft's installer screws up the entry for it.  Try running the exe manually (it doesn't need to be in community/etc to work even) while the sim is running and check Task Manager to see if it's running.  All the exe.xml entry even does is run it at startup so you don't have to do it yourself after the sim starts.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

11 hours ago, flyinion said:

The exe.xml file is probably messed up.  Every time I've installed it, aerosoft's installer screws up the entry for it.  Try running the exe manually (it doesn't need to be in community/etc to work even) while the sim is running and check Task Manager to see if it's running.  All the exe.xml entry even does is run it at startup so you don't have to do it yourself after the sim starts.

I ran the exe manually and that fixed the problem with the lights. Thanks for pointing that out.

Richard

3 hours ago, rwalls said:

I ran the exe manually and that fixed the problem with the lights. Thanks for pointing that out.

Richard

This should be the correct entry for the bridge, of course changing the path to match your community folder.

<Launch.Addon>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Name>Honeycomb</Name>
		<Path>D:\MS Flightsim packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>

I think the installer really mangles it thought so this is what my whole thing looks like including an FSUIPC entry which that installer does add in a functional manner.  I created the AFC one myself after poking around on the forums a few months ago.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
	<Descr>Launch</Descr>
	<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
	<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Honeycomb</Name>
		<Path>D:\MS Flightsim packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
	<Launch.Addon>
      <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
      <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
      <Path>d:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
      <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
      <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro