Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

P3D issues since uninstalling MSFS

So after the shemozzle of the latest MSFS update I uninstalled it but when I've wanted to jump back onto P3D I have weird issues with SODE jetways disappeared, scenery issues, simconnect isn't working, keybinds have disappeared and can't pan around cockpit with my hatswitch again on my joystick. 

The only thing I've done before loading up P3D again is update GSX via FSDT control panel, update YBBN ORBX, install new patches for AS and ASCA and purchase and install WF VHHH and Flightbeam NZAA.

Has the uninstalltion corrupted something? I might have to do a full reinstall because my P3D is stuffed now.

Below is WSSS and as you can see my SODE jetways are gone and it's grass where the apron/runways are supposed to be.

https://imgur.com/gWWUpML

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

35 minutes ago, VBHB said:

So after the shemozzle of the latest MSFS update I uninstalled it but when I've wanted to jump back onto P3D I have weird issues with SODE jetways disappeared, scenery issues, simconnect isn't working, keybinds have disappeared and can't pan around cockpit with my hatswitch again on my joystick. 

The only thing I've done before loading up P3D again is update GSX via FSDT control panel, update YBBN ORBX, install new patches for AS and ASCA and purchase and install WF VHHH and Flightbeam NZAA.

Has the uninstalltion corrupted something? I might have to do a full reinstall because my P3D is stuffed now.

Below is WSSS and as you can see my SODE jetways are gone and it's grass where the apron/runways are supposed to be.

https://imgur.com/gWWUpML

Hi

Have you checked your GSX Panel if you have disabled the default SODE jetways? You can restore those as a check unless you are comfortable with using GSX (I'm assuming Level 2)  to replace your jetways.

You could also try reinstalling SODE and re-registering the SIM. 

Which version of P3D are you using? If not v5, and you have ORBX Vector, you could try running the AEC tool to reorder your current sceneries.

For ActiveSky, be sure to run the (Simconnect?) exe after you have installed the software, typically runs right after your install and you have logged into your Activesky profile.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.  I reinstalled FSDT which reinstalled simconnect and everything is fixed.  Looks like MSFS deleted simconnect.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

6 hours ago, VBHB said:

Thanks for your reply.  I reinstalled FSDT which reinstalled simconnect and everything is fixed.  Looks like MSFS deleted simconnect.

How did MSFS uninstall simconnect?  How would MSFS even know about simconnect?  I'm not saying it's not possible but I'm, skeptical uninstalling MSFS breaks P3D in any way.  I've uninstalled/re-installed MSFS with zero impact to my P3D install...  Perhaps you are incorrectly assigning blame because the Red X Sode jetway issue has been around P3D for ages... 

8 hours ago, VBHB said:

OK, that's actually a lot of changes, my first inclination is one of them did not complete correctly and the fact re-installing FSDT fixed the issue really doesn't point to MSFS as the culprit. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

34 minutes ago, psolk said:

How would MSFS even know about simconnect?

Doesn't it also use SimConnect?

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

17 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Doesn't it also use SimConnect?

You could be right... I thought it was part of the SDK though not the base sim.  Still weird a .dll in P3D would be removed by MSFS unless they were somehow installed to the same location, is it installed in a Windows/System directory for example?  If so then I apologize and it very well could be getting uninstalled somehow.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg