Sign in to follow this  
Marioalberto

V1 Callout Broken in all Airliners After SU5

After SU5, the V1 callout on all airliners seem to be broken. It no longer works at around 135kts during the T/O roll. Now, it sometimes sounds out after you've been in the air a couple of minutes and are doing 230-250kts. Anyone else seen this on their sim?

Thanks.

Interesting, I have never heard a V1 audio callout on any MS aircraft... did not know this was in the sim.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

29 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

did not know this was in the sim.

Me neither, never heard a V1/V2 callout. It is usually a feature of payware aircraft where the dev specifically adds the feature.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

yep never heard these callouts either...

Thomas Derbyshire

Yep, they've been present since day 1 of MSFS2020 on the B-747-8,  B787,  and the A-320. And it's only the V1 callout, not the V2.  This the 1st Microsoft version to have this built in on the commercial jets.

Try flying on of those 3 planes and you'll see for yourself (if it didn't get trashed after SU5). Another thing that was neat was that this was the actual voice used in the real planes.

After checking a couple of forums, people have posted a work around. It is to go into the FMS and set the V1 speed manually. It will then work correctly again at around 138kts. I've checked it, and it does.

Thanks for the inputs.

The A320 never had a V1 callout. It's the airliner I fly 90% of the time, I've been flying it since launch.

The 787 and 747 did, but I haven't flown them with SU5 so I can't comment on if they're missing or not.

Edited by Tuskin38

I started on the runway in the 787 with a flight plan. got the callout hitting V1.

started from the gate with a flight plan, got the callout at V1. the v speeds weren't automatically entered though (were they ever? I don't remember) I had to do that myself. 

I'll test the 747 after supper.

Edited by Tuskin38

Hi Tuskin38,

Yes, prior to SU5 the V1 call was preprogramed w/o us having to enter it manually into the FMS for the B-747,787,and A-320. Now, in order for it to work, we must enter it manually into the FMS.

As far as the A-320 is concerned, are you 100% that there wasn't a V1 call in the "Airbus voice" as we hear them in the altitude callouts?  I would have lost a bet on that one!

Thanks

Mario 

Edited by Marioalberto
Missed a prior reply

11 hours ago, Marioalberto said:

As far as the A-320 is concerned, are you 100% that there wasn't a V1 call in the "Airbus voice" as we hear them in the altitude callouts?  I would have lost a bet on that one!

I mostly fly the A320NX (FBW Dev version) and have been since it was first available last fall. Most of my flights use an imported Simbrief flight plan (via the MCDU, I do not use the "FlyPad").

I have never heard a V1 call out. I do hear the altitude call outs during final approach.

Guess I should have made a bet with you. 😉

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Hi Jim,

Yep, I guess you should have.....ha ha.  On the other hand, as far as the B-747 & 787, I'm 100% sure because, I've been flying them the entire time and it's feature that I've always loved.

Mario

Yes the 787 and 747s have always had the call outs. The A320 has the altitude, minimums, and retard call outs.

Does V call outs happen in the real A320? I have no clue.

Edited by Tuskin38

Hi Tuskin38,

I just checked several YouTube videos, and you are 100% correct. I couldn't find any A320 or A320Neo that had the V1 calls. The only one I found of the Airbuses that have the V1 call was the A380. I imagine that the newer A330s & A330Neos may also have them, but I didn't check.

Thanks for checking on the Boeing ones for me.

Mario 

• Upvote 1