Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-your-feedback-upcoming-hotfix/436063

Thank you for your comments over the last 7 days with the recent Sim Update 5 release. We have seen and read from the core simming community and recognize there is some feedback that needs to be addressed. We have spent the past several days looking over it, reviewing, exploring the details and immediately started working on fixes.

As a result, a hotfix is coming in the next few days (target is Friday but could move to Monday) to address some of the issues as soon as possible. Here is a summary of the hottest topics we have seen in the forums.

• Volumetric Lighting is Missing – This was a shader bug and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

• LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly. We are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).

• Low Resolution Ground Texture – This is a bug introduced when we fixed tree draw distance from high latitudes and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

Preview of Ground Texture/LOD in the Hotfix

image002
View from above 30,000 feet: Detail level will increase to an even higher level than Sim Update 4

image001
View from above 30,000 feet: The same fix also improves the night lighting draw distance

SeattleFromSpace (1)
View from above 60,000 feet: You can still see the photogrammetry of Seattle. The terrain level of detail is more than 1 terrain pixel per 4K screen pixel.

• CTDs – We are currently investigating and are planning on several fixes for World Update 6.

• Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.

• Aerosoft CRJ – We have found and fixed a bug in an open-source math library that is part of Web Assembly [wasi-libc] which was part of the CRJ and has been resolved. A new package will be made available in the next few days.

• ATC Incorrect Altitude – The pressure altitude has been brought in line with the new altimeter simulation and ATC should no longer ask you to get to your current altitude if you’re already there. This is addressed in the hotfix. Further improvements to the altimeter and ambient pressure system will be coming in World Update 6.

• Temperature Spikes – The previous hotfix did not fix all cases of the issue. This is being addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

This is not an exclusive list - we are investigating all the issues that have been communicated and we will give updates in the Feedback Snapshot on August 12. Thank you again for your continued support and patience!

If you would like to leave feedback or comments about this post - click here.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 60
  • Upvote 6

Excellent news!! 

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:
  • LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly. We are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).

•  

This is exactly what I asked for. We need to be able to customize how much scenery is loaded outside field of view.

• Like 10

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just read this in their forums as well, at least they are working on it!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Oh lord, please...,let it be true this time. On the preview pics alone I can inmediatelly tell that milky shade look, lightning downgrade and autogen degradation has somehow gone. Anyway, not starting a war now as this looks like a happy moment, but after seeing all those changes incoming and the acknowledgment from Asobo that indeed it was bugs and bugs and bugs..., and after 3-4 days of telling people that the degradation was there, I kinda feel relieved. I wasn´t dellusional after all. I feel hope again,I was starting to lose it, I really was. Human nature anyway, from pure hatred to unconditional love. Sim addicts we are XD

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 11

Iñigo Bildarratz

Great news !!! I hope they add the approach bug fix to the list,  although I doubt they will do anything about it in this hotfix

• Like 2

As pointed out before. Yes Asobo prone to screw up. But they still listen and clean up after !

• Like 34
  • Upvote 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

That sounds good ! letting user play with settings is always the best choice. Good job Asobo

• Like 3

Roi Ben

Who said Asobo has poor communication with the community?  Asobo has the best communication with the community, among all flight sim developers (MSFS/XPlane/P3D).  I have faith that Asobo will get this right.  Sim Update 5 was a huge update with an immovable date but going forward, I don't think we'll have updates as large as Sim Update 5, and the date also won't be set in stone like Sim Update 5 because of the X-Box release.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 36

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Noting about the white dot When using x box controller

• Upvote 3

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

WU6?  For CTD's?  Instead of in a Hotfix?  Now I'm staying uninstalled until at least after that (WU6) shakes out for at least a few days.  I do not plan to install and then later update over top of an MSFS that is so affected! I have other avenues to fly.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Such a relief hearing from them! Looking forward for the hotfix and the world update in couple of weeks.

• Like 4

Just now, fppilot said:

WU6?  For CTD's?  Instead of in a Hotfix?  Now I'm staying uninstalled until at least after that (WU6) shakes out for at least a few days.  I do not plan to install and then later update over top of an MSFS that is so affected! I have other avenues to fly.

It might be me, but as I understand it, there will be a hotfix in 3-4 days, probable subsequent ones and definitely one with WU6.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

dont want to be a party pooper but i wonder what this will break 🤣

• Like 4

Great to see people are posting complaints about the shimmering in the scenery. 

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 minutes ago, Seat* said:

Noting about the white dot When using x box controller

I have an X box controller plugged in that I use for the Drone Camera, sometimes. I have never seen this white dot, when does it occur?

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS