Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

the actions themselves are insulting. Claiming this whole thing a conspiracy to to make the PC version match the x-box visually is insulting.

You were doing more or less the same!  Threads where people were discussing the bugs, yet you and others kept posting the bugs didn't exist.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

9 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Alright, I'm not going to read through 14 pages made in two hours with people fighting each other (even though we now have proof that Asobo didn't mean to permanently dumb-down the PC version, and that there were visual regressions despite many insisting there weren't any), ...

But CB!  Some of it has been fun!  :laugh:   And all of this information is quite positive and uplifting now. 

I think your synopsis regarding quality improvements and magnitude of possible performance impact is right on the money.  Thanks once again for bringing us the good news.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

As pointed out before. Yes Asobo prone to screw up. But they still listen and clean up after !

What more can you ask for?

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just now, bean_sprout said:

What more can you ask for?

Cheers

bs

Listening when they are first told about problems, not suddenly "noticing" them weeks later ?

• Like 1

Just now, Matchstick said:

Listening when they are first told about problems, not suddenly "noticing" them weeks later ?

IOW predict the future.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

IOW predict the future.

bs

That's not what I mean at all, but the testing NDA gets in the way of being less oblique.

4 minutes ago, RandallR said:

No controller - just standard keyboard controls.

Now, the only other possibility I can think of is that SU5 screwed up one of my joystick/throttle assignments and applied it to the drone without my knowledge?  I've already had a case where a joystick slider was improperly assigned to the throttle for one aircraft by the update - it's almost as if a portion of the assignments reverted to default settings (but not all of them).

Now that you mention it, I think I have the same issue. I didn't really notice it before because I rarely use the drone camera, but I did earlier this afternoon and I did notice that after a few minutes the drone view had rolled a wee bit. At the time I didn't think much of it, rolled it level again and then shortly after that exited drone view.

I'm going to investigate further tomorrow.

Might want to start a new thread on this so it does not get lost in here...

Regards,

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Just now, Matchstick said:

That's not what I mean at all, but the testing NDA gets in the way of being less oblique.

There are too many variables.  I say that they are doing the best they can without going industrial.  

bs

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

After the way people have behaved, do you really blame them for having a NDA in place? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them do away with the stupid NDAs myself but I do see where they're coming from.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

I wish they could find a solution for that too. Since this update I have an increase by 10°C in CPU temperature, which is almost the limit now. It cannot be my hardware setting since before this update everything had been fine.

That is because your GPU and CPU working more efficiently with the latest patch, If you have temp problems you have a bad cooling solution, there is nothing Asobo can fix for you with a patch, a new efficient CPU cooler is probably the best solution for you.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 4

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

There are too many variables.  I say that they are doing the best they can without going industrial.  

bs

I have to disagree, and I would really like to talk specifics about why but right now MS/Asobo won't allow that.

2 minutes ago, Krakin said:

After the way people have behaved, do you really blame them for having a NDA in place? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them do away with the stupid NDAs myself but I do see where they're coming from.

I don't disagree with having an NDA in place during the beta test but they should then remove the NDA after the testing period is over.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's only been a week, of course they didn't have much time.

Yeah, but also not everyone gets the same CTDs, some people don't get CTDs. Some of these CTDs could be caused by addons, some of them could be hardware/software.

Asobo needs our bug reports, the exact details if what addons we had installed, what hardware/software we were using, what we were doing exactly in that moment the bug/CTD happened so they can narrow down the causes.

I was plagued by CTD's from the start of the Beta this time around and it was not helped by also running Win11. I guess I am a gluten for punishment but I do like a challenge. I tried ALL of the posted "fixes" but nothing seemed to help. Ran an empty Community folder, I don't o/c my system, kept a vigilant eye on temps, etc, etc, yadayadayada. I maded one small change by installing the latest AMD driver with the "Driver Only" option and my CTD's have vanished for days now. I miss having a way to control my gpu fan speeds or have any driver level options but I will gladly trade those for no CTD's. I tell this story to show that A/MS won't have an easy time eliminating CTD's and to show that some, if not most CTD's do in fact start t the User level. No matter how much we want to think that they don't.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Person 1: "Hey Person 2, how is it going?"

Person 2: "Not so good. I've been getting headaches and can't sleep. I'm going to see a doctor"

Person 1: "Dude, what are you even talking about? I've haven't had any of those symptoms. Don't waste the doctor's time"

Person 2: "Huh?"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You were doing more or less the same!  Threads where people were discussing the bugs, yet you and others kept posting the bugs didn't exist.

No, lots of us were saying we didn’t experience the bugs, or were able to get around the bugs. Unless you can show us a bunch of posts where people are saying ‘these bugs don’t exist’?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea