Sign in to follow this  
GOLF

improved coastlines and roads?

Guest geognut

Hi,I've been having trouble tracking down an answer to this. I'm considering buying FSX, but I want to know if it includes improved coastline placement data such as that in Ultimate Terrain? And are the road data also the same as what you'd find in Ultimate Terrain (aka, USA Roads)?thanks!

As you can see from the pictures around the bigger centres it is much better.However, the coastlines away from the major cities is the pits. Not half as good as it was in FS9. Big dissapointment in that respect.Not very good for VFR flying.

In the US, not bad, outside the US much worse than FS9.Rivers have disappeared (Canada has no rivers at all), and coastlines have gone to the FS98 type "joined straight lines" type of appearance.It seems that they got/bought very limited Navteq data outside of the US.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest geognut

Thanks all for your responses. I think I've already made up my mind - if I want to continue having accurate coastline and road data, I'm sticking with FS9 with Ultimate Terrain.

If you have Ultimate Terrain I believe there is an update so it can be installed into FSX.Have no idea how it looks though.

Guest bj00rn

>In the US, not bad, outside the US much worse than FS9.>>Rivers have disappeared (Canada has no rivers at all), and>coastlines have gone to the FS98 type "joined straight lines">type of appearance.>>It seems that they got/bought very limited Navteq data outside>of the US.>>* Orest>That is odd since the coastlines for Norway are much MUCH improved. And last I checked Norway is still outside the US.