Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

PTaylor Blog update

IF You guys are busy fixing remaining bugs.. Then the performance issue (The A Item) has been take care of? Atleast sufficiantly well?:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

All of the issues we are handling for SP1 have a "bug" in our bug database for tracking. So there are still open "bugs" on a subset of our original performance issues.The geo-db team that is handling the content fixes is completely distinct from the graphics and terrain team that is working on the performance fixes. In point of fact, the geo-db team has been great and has load balanced many of the 3rd party blocking rendering issues like the dusk/dawn issue.Is that what you wanted to hear?

Guest Ozzie

>All of the issues we are handling for SP1 have a "bug" in our>bug database for tracking. So there are still open "bugs" on a>subset of our original performance issues.>>The geo-db team that is handling the content fixes is>completely distinct from the graphics and terrain team that is>working on the performance fixes. In point of fact, the geo-db>team has been great and has load balanced many of the 3rd>party blocking rendering issues like the dusk/dawn issue.>>Is that what you wanted to hear?No disrespect Phil - but the Company that you work for has a very long history of not being able to "fix Bugs" - lets face it - they are STILL trying to "Fix" the thousands of Bugs in their last OS - much less the new crop that are already emerging with the "saviour" of their financial positionAre you actually able to tell us the real truth? - I doubt it! - IMHO you are just the Bunny that has to placate the multitude in case the "Press" gets hold of IT and spoils the intrusion of Vista on usYou have a great day my friend

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Ignore, him Phil. He has issues. Like think of a padded cell...

Allright, allright ozzie and jackdanielsdrinker. You two have been playing grab a$$ on a multitude of threads. Let's please keep this professional and leave the personal comments to ourselves please. I just want to know when the dx10 patch is coming out. Also as far as I have seen Vista is a sweet OS if nvidia would get their heads out of their rears and provide some support for their video cards. There is no avoiding vista so you may as well get used to the idea.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Astro...don't say anything nice about Vista...you'll incite a riot.:-)

Have you ever programmed a single line of code? Have you? Do you know how much is involved to "program" an application, let alone an operating system?Have you ever looked into the security bulletin of MS and check how many bugs have been fixed in the past 5 years? I can tell you right now - about 68,000.Have you ever built an OS from scratch? If not, please check out http://linuxfromscratch.org. Just try to compile your own Linux and then report back how successful you were. I have done it and learned a lot about my computer, my hardware and about an OS in general. Highly recommended.Pat

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

You've built an OS from scratch? Can I have a copy of it? What's it called? Does it use multiple cores? Will FSX run on it?

Unless, he changes his screenname, he has just proven to have lost his credibility here and just came here to troll around. 'nuf said.-1, a few more to go.Pat

>Astro...don't say anything nice about Vista...you'll incite a>riot.>>:-)JDD, it's nice to see some folks jabbing back at the paranoia and bashing that has been pervasive on this board for the last 3 months. I think some people like you are finally starting to say enough is enough. It's a hobby that's supposed to be fun. :-)

>You've built an OS from scratch? Can I have a copy of it? >What's it called? Does it use multiple cores? Will FSX run>on it?The original question was if he build an OS from scratch (compile all the source code and put everything in their right place). You seem to think that the question was if he programmed an OS from scratchLook at the linusxfrom scratch link for more information.If he selected the right compile options with the kernel his OS is perfectly capable uing multi cores and it has a journaling filesystem. I don't know if FS-X wil run with Wine but why should you want to do that its developed for winodows not Linux. He could run flightgear and X-plane though and some people actualy state that they get beter performance running those programs on Linux using the same hardware.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>All of the issues we are handling for SP1 have a "bug" in our>bug database for tracking. So there are still open "bugs" on a>subset of our original performance issues.>>The geo-db team that is handling the content fixes is>completely distinct from the graphics and terrain team that is>working on the performance fixes. In point of fact, the geo-db>team has been great and has load balanced many of the 3rd>party blocking rendering issues like the dusk/dawn issue.>>Is that what you wanted to hear?Well.. For me...1. Performance issue2. Ability for addon vendors to provide for detailed customized runway/taxi way textureThese were the two A item issue that are must have item. IF either of the two or both were taken care off..I am ready to do a happy dance here. Thats what I wanted hear! :)As far as Data issues like fixing river, elevation, bridges is a non issue as far as I am concerned although nice to to have item. Its a minor issue..since I can always get Ultimate Terrain and what not to get those corrected.The rendering issues like the dusk/dawn issue is a nice fix. I don't believe addon vendors could compensate for that.Thanks anwyay Phil.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest BravoTango

JDD I'm with ya on that one!!It would be a real shame if people such as this Ozzie character caused ACES to close the now open doors of communication. However from what I have seen the ACES team have thick skins, and seem to handle the trolls well.Its interesting how it would seem the uneducated are shouting the loudest, and those who have a semblance of what is required to accomplish a complicated project as FS is are remaining respectful and handling the situation well. It's apparent to me that there is a small minority of trolls who are very active, I could name 2 specific posters that tag team in demeaning the ACES team and throwing in a few potshots at Microsoft as well. These poor souls have been hurt by Microsoft, forced in handcuffs to use their products. it's painful to watch them loose their sanity. A padded room may do well.It's a real shame these trolls have nothing better to do. I'm sorry I am usually a really quiet, reserved person, but recently the tide of negativety in these forums has made me want to come in here and not just defend FS, but somehow let these trolls know, the community will stick together and do its best to ensure that FS will have a long and ever improving life. Without it what would we have, the Sims 2?Jay