Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

PMDG - 24% off all PMDG products for Prepar3D. 07AUG21

Happpy Birthday, PMDG!
07AUG will mark PMDG's 24th birthday! To celebrate, we are going to give you one week of 24% off all PMDG products for Prepar3D, beginning at 0001Z 07AUG21! If you have been on the fence about that new 777-200ER, now is your chance to save big- and we won't even make you eat an extra helping of cake in order to qualify!

At 07 Aug 21.

https://pmdg.com/prepar3d/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Actual source:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/144477-05aug21-pmdg-dc-6-for-msfs-updated-to-build-36-and-a-few-other-bits-and-bobbles-of-news#post144509

Happpy Birthday, PMDG!
07AUG will mark PMDG's 24th birthday! To celebrate, we are going to give you one week of 24% off all PMDG products for Prepar3D, beginning at 0001Z 07AUG21! If you have been on the fence about that new 777-200ER, now is your chance to save big- and we won't even make you eat an extra helping of cake in order to qualify!

It is astounding to me that PMDG continues to grow and thrive after all of these years- and on behalf of all of us on the PMDG team- thank you. We couldn't have gotten here without you and we very much appreciate your business!

(Now have some cake!) rolleyes.png

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Just bought the B737NGXu yesterday!!!

Boo... 😥

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

and why are FSX users NOT joining the birthday party????? After all, it is FSX users who provided lots of revenues for PMDG past years

Inquiring minds want to know

• Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

23 minutes ago, Aharon said:

why are FSX users NOT joining the birthday party?

PMDG has stopped support for the FSX version of the NGX. Hence, they have removed it from their store.

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

and why are FSX users NOT joining the birthday party?

Unfortunately, PMDG stopped FSX addon sales half a month ago (or it was one-and-a-half month ago?). If you want my opinion, I always disliked when developers withdraw products no good reason...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Seems they would just rather not deal with trouble of customer support with products of a platform that outdated(FSX).

So they just decided to stop selling the FSX products completely.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 8/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

Unfortunately, PMDG stopped FSX addon sales half a month ago (or it was one-and-a-half month ago?). If you want my opinion, I always disliked when developers withdraw products no good reason...

I believe they do this when sales don't justify support. In other words, the money that comes from sales of addons does not cover the costs of the support team.

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the 737-600/700 and the 737 Cargo version. 

Hi.  Does the DC-6 have Pause at top of descent?

Thanks!

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I’m guessing the 737 is worth owning? I suppose with its reputation it’s a bit of a daft question.

Is is on a par with the 747 ?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Bought 747 yesterday so i can`t compare against 737:) But i have the 777(and whole lot of others airlinere) and the Ngxu is far superior to 777. I think it is the best airliner addon ever!

Thor

Thor H

Purchased 737NGX at 2019 with still on P3Dv4 and shortly afterwards NGXu was released.

Now with P3Dv5 I went all in (DC6 excluded) yesterday and I hope I can enjoy this for the next years to come.

MSFS is not an option for me.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Three questions guys as I am on the fence if to get nothing or 747 or 737 or 777 😉

1. Which performs best of of three? I am running P3D v4.5 on gaming laptop. QW 787 and AS A320 are running somewhat OKish. Are PMDG planes better/worse/same? If so, who is least heavy on the hardware with small VRAM?

2. Which is best simulation? I like all 3, but wonder which one has most bells and whistles? Which is newest addition?

&

ugcx_banner.png

5 hours ago, sholay said:

I am on the fence if to get nothing or 747 or 737 or 777

Do your avatar a favour and get the 747. 😉

• Upvote 1