Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

PMDG - 24% off all PMDG products for Prepar3D. 07AUG21

Does the B747-800 package offer any additional benefit for the B747-400 as well?

Thanks.

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

@Hauer

You mean like the latest 777-300 package allows you to use the EFB in the 777 base package ?

No, I don’t think it adds anything new to the -400 base package as far as I know.

The 747-8 itself is very very similar to the -400 but you get the updated next gen FMC,  an EFB and avionics features from the 787 like RNP and a VSD display to play with.

If you like the -400 the -8 might be of interest in the sale, as I mentioned it’s just like a -400 with a few extra toys bolted on.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

23 minutes ago, jon b said:

it’s just like a -400 with a few extra toys bolted on.

Like the new sexy wings and engines, too. 😎

6 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Like the new sexy wings and engines, too. 😎

Yes, but by all accounts it doesn’t fly as nicely as the -400 , especially in pitch.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Thanks for the responses. I was indeed thinking along the lines of what was offered with the B777.

In that case, I will just stick with the marvelous B747-400.

Cheers, Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

737 ngxu is the latest from PMDG , and i think their best so far. It has all the stuff like EFB, PBR, Wingflex, shakings(a lot more then 777), sounds the fade out with height and so on.  Especially the VC in 777 looks outdatet (from 2012).

On top of this it has a stunning good FPS, much better then all of my other payware airliners like QW787, JF 146, CS 757 and 737-300 and so on.

• Like 1

Thor H

19 hours ago, sholay said:

Three questions guys as I am on the fence if to get nothing or 747 or 737 or 777 😉

1. Which performs best of of three?

For me it's the 777. Maybe because it's carried over from FSX, while the other two are made from scratch for P3D4 and P3D5, AFAIK. But that's the only one I ran in my laptop. I ran the other ones in my desktop only.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, jon b said:

it doesn’t fly as nicely as the -400 , especially in pitch.

Good to know, thanks! Looks like it's not always the newer which is the better.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, trening said:

737 ngxu is the latest from PMDG , and i think their best so far. It has all the stuff like EFB, PBR, Wingflex, shakings(a lot more then 777), sounds the fade out with height and so on.  Especially the VC in 777 looks outdatet (from 2012).

On top of this it has a stunning good FPS, much better then all of my other payware airliners like QW787, JF 146, CS 757 and 737-300 and so on.

That's interesting. I've been holding back from getting the 737 NGXU because the general opinion seemed to be at release that it was a lot more demanding on hardware than the 747. Perhaps they've optimised it. Could other PMDG users comment please.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Moonflight said:

That's interesting. I've been holding back from getting the 737 NGXU because the general opinion seemed to be at release that it was a lot more demanding on hardware than the 747. Perhaps they've optimised it. Could other PMDG users comment please.

You are correct, it has been optimised since release and for me it`s the same as 777 (which is very good)

Thor

Thor H

Perhaps one of you can help me on the performance question. I have had the PMDG 737NGX for some time and its performance is OK. I would like to believe the NGXu will be no worse.

I purchased the PMDG 737NGXu but have not activated it. I loaded the NGXu cold & dark (which is all you can do if it is unactivated) and its FPS (Pilot VC view) is the same as the NGX cold and dark. At take off state the NGX loses 2 FPS compared to C&D for the VC view.

If I activate and fire the NGXu up should I expect it will be no worse than the NGX? I do not think if it has poorer performance it will work for me.

Thanks all.

Steve P.

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

I guess the offer on the 737 NGXU doesn't set a buyer up for a discount when it gets released in MSFS2020. That ship has sailed right?

1 hour ago, cataratas said:

I guess the offer on the 737 NGXU doesn't set a buyer up for a discount when it gets released in MSFS2020. That ship has sailed right?

Unfortunately your correct as PMDG rarely offer any discounts, especially not across platforms. With msfs2020 proving to be a difficult platform to develop/make compatible study level aircraft for, there will be none offered, guaranteed.

Have had the NGX for years, but finally plumped for the NGXU yesterday. Basically I want to eventually get the cargo version.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,